Jack 47 or Black Jack

Belfast Boy

Hi guys this has prob been done a shit load of times but here I go anyway:

Which from the following do you think will yield the most and respond best to topping?

Jack 47

Black Jack

Thanks BB :smokin:

Hi mate!

I have only personal experience with Black Jack, both auto and no-auto. What I know is that in the catalog they are presented as producing the same. Normally what I read in that calatog ends up coming true, so I really believe they may produce more or less the same. Black Jack produced well with me and Jack47, for some grow diaries I've seen in this and in other forums, also seems to produce very well. Take a look for yourself, the grow diaries are easy to find lol

I topped my Black Jack and she responded well. It is a variety that I didn't explore much so I don't if without the topping she would produce better or not... Also... not always you'll get the same pheno, so you may even get a small and bushy plant that needs no topping at all ;)

Lets wait for other opinions :) Stay cool, sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|

• 1 month later...

done jack 47 last year put them through hell and still produced some of the best weed ive grown to date, got 2 little clones finnishing in about 3-4 weeks, just put some black jacks in to germ.

done jack 47 last year put them through hell and still produced some of the best weed ive grown to date, got 2 little clones finnishing in about 3-4 weeks, just put some black jacks in to germ.

[/quote all 5 seeds have popped

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best way to get maximum yield out of the Jack47's and Black Jacks?

I normally do alot of pinching and bending and topping to try and get a big plant, do they respond well to that?

And what kinda stretch can I expect?

Two of my favourite sweetseed strains. J47 edges it for me in every department though. Vigour, hardiness, yield, quality, it's got it all. BJ is also very good, but can be a little more picky with some phenos, and doesn't quite have the same zeal the J47 has.

Both jump about 2.5-3 times in flower. i.e a 1 foot plant ends up about 2.5-3 feet. I fim and train them, as they both take well to it, particulary the J47, and they'll yield alot more that way.

The smokes of both is very good, but again, for me, the J47 has the better aroma and flavour. Not really nboticed any difference in strength.

My little Jack47 is definitely the most vigorous of all the 5 other strains I'm growing at the moment.

First to germinate, first to pop up, it's roaring along.

I'm gonna veg on a 400w MH first, supercrop em like mad then go to the 600w hps.

Hi dogzilla!

Nice to know you are well impressed with the genetics of our Jack47 :stoned: From what I've been reading in this and other forums Jack47 is always subject of very positive reviews by growers.

Just to have an idea, if you don't mind, which are the other 5 strains you're growing at the moment together with the Jack47?

Share some pics, if you can and when you can :skin_up:

Kind regards and sweet smokes!

|tommy_g|