Messenger

WolfzEye

EDEN Bioscience Receives Approval for Use of Messenger in Germany

BOTHELL, Wash., Feb 7, 2002 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- EDEN Bioscience® Corporation (Nasdaq:EDEN), which develops, manufactures and markets innovative, natural products for improving crop production and protecting plants, today announced that it has received unconditional approval from the Federal Biological Research Centre for Agriculture and Forestry in Germany for the use of Messenger® as a "plant strengthener."

Inclusion on Germany's official list of Plant Strengtheners gives EDEN the ability to sell Messenger throughout the country. This approval is for use on all crops and is effective immediately.

"We are pleased to have received approval for Messenger in our first European country," commented Jean Paul Devey, Managing Director of EDEN Bioscience Europe SARL. "This is the first of several approvals that we are pursuing in the European Union." EDEN Bioscience Europe SARL, a subsidiary of EDEN Bioscience Corporation, was formed in early 2001 for the development and commercialization of EDEN's products in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.

About Eden Bioscience

EDEN Bioscience is a plant technology company focused on developing, manufacturing and marketing innovative natural products for agriculture. EDEN believes its technology and initial product, Messenger, provides growers with a new tool to improve crop production and protection. Messenger, which received EPA approval for full commercial use in April 2000, is based on naturally occurring proteins called "harpins," which activate natural plant defense systems to protect against disease and pests, and simultaneously activate plant growth systems, improving crop yield and quality. It has been tested in hundreds of field trials in many countries and on more than 40 crops including: citrus, cotton, strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, melons, wheat, rice, corn, peanuts, tobacco, grapes and others. EDEN Bioscience's headquarters are at 3830 Monte Villa Parkway, Bothell, WA 98021, 425/806-7300; www.edenbio.com.

© 2002 EDEN Bioscience Corporation. Always read and follow label instructions before buying or using this product. Messenger®, EDEN®, and EDEN Bioscience® are registered trademarks of EDEN Bioscience Corp. Messenger is not currently registered for sale or use in Colorado. In California, Messenger is labeled for disease management in strawberries, grapes, and fruiting vegetables only.

CAUTIONARY STATEMENT: Certain statements contained in this press release are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, among which includes statements regarding financial projections, estimates of ounces of Messenger sold by distributors, estimates of Messenger owned by distributors, ability to increase Messenger usage and Messenger's benefits to agriculture. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expect," "plan," "intend," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "predict," "potential" or "continue," the negative of these terms or other terminology. Forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates of management at the time the statements are made and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements. Factors that could affect EDEN's actual results include, among others, economic conditions in agriculture; inability to transition from a company with a research focus to a company capable of supporting commercial activities; dependence on a single product to produce projected revenue; unsuccessful development and commercialization of our single product; inability to produce a high quality product as manufacturing activity is increased; history of losses; unsuccessful research in specific target crops; unfavorable weather conditions; and inability to develop adequate sales and marketing capabilities. More information about these and other factors that potentially could affect EDEN's financial results is included in EDEN's most recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q and in its other public filings filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance upon these forward-looking statements that speak only as to the date of this release. EDEN undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.

I've read up a bit about this Messenger shit, sounds too good to be true and some of our American friends over at overgrow have had a lot of succeess and swear by the stuff...

I don't think it's available in the uk yet, does anyone know anything about the likelihood of its release over here.... ???

Mono....x

It is going through tests as we speak. I dont think its shit as far as I can see with the results on OG in mind.

A man like me needs all the help he can get to grow healthy weed.

:(

I've read up a bit about this Messenger shit

I didn't mean shit as in shite, I meant shit as in stuff. Sorry for the Ambiguity..

Mono...x