Visit Scotland

Cambium

those pics are great, really wetting my appetite for my first scottish holiday next summer, going to the isle of Bute for my Gran's 90th birthday, as a dyed in the wool southerner am really looking forward to doing a bit of exploring north of the border in the camper.

any rec's for overnight stops welcome

Pick a spot dude......You wont struggle to find a park up at all. As well as the right to roam there is the right to camp. Take a tent in the van and Scotland is yours pretty much.

Pick a spot dude......You wont struggle to find a park up at all. As well as the right to roam there is the right to camp. Take a tent in the van and Scotland is yours pretty much.

i had no idea about the right to camp, thanks for the info Cambium, looking at spending about 10 days pottering about :spliff:

those pics are great, really wetting my appetite for my first scottish holiday next summer, going to the isle of Bute for my Gran's 90th birthday, as a dyed in the wool southerner am really looking forward to doing a bit of exploring north of the border in the camper.

Exellent mate,

I took the wife and kids on holiday a few years ago now to the isle of bute (rothsay) and we ended up coming back and renting a property for 6 months.

Try and get to the back end of the island,some lovely spots.My mother had a small flat in the port facing the bay,with dear in the back yard,stunning little island.

The wifes from London herself and found it quite funny she had to get a ferry and a bus just to go shopping in Greenock.

She wasn,t amused when I knocked her up tho and was told if theres a problem after 8pm (ferries stop) we,ll get you a helecopter :spliff:

Great pics Cambium,look forward to some more fella,thanks for sharing and brining back some good memorys of home.

p&q

Exellent mate,

I took the wife and kids on holiday a few years ago now to the isle of bute (rothsay) and we ended up coming back and renting a property for 6 months.

Try and get to the back end of the island,some lovely spots.My mother had a small flat in the port facing the bay,with dear in the back yard,stunning little island.

The wifes from London herself and found it quite funny she had to get a ferry and a bus just to go shopping in Greenock.

She wasn,t amused when I knocked her up tho and was told if theres a problem after 8pm (ferries stop) we,ll get you a helecopter :spliff:

Great pics Cambium,look forward to some more fella,thanks for sharing and brining back some good memorys of home.

p&q

Cheers p&q for the info and Cambium for some more ace pic's

Edited by monkeymagic

• 2 months later...

I used to drive a lorry upto scotland and bac couple times a week and i never could get over the beauty of it up there but they can keep ittill summer for me . PaL

excellent photos man!

what about Scotland from this view?can anyone see it????

the bridge you mean :B):

always stop there when ever i've been passing :(

oooh - that photo's a bit close to home J4mie

well - my old home :(

like twenty minutes away!!

great to see it again, used to go salmon fishing with a gilly mate down there

Never been to the Highlands, but the countryside around Glasgow is probably the most beautiful countryside I've ever seen (and I've been to a fair few beautiful places, it hasn't got the majesty of the Alps or the redwood forests of northern California and Oregon, but it has its own beauty that speaks to my soul :) )

• Like 1

it hasn't got the majesty of the Alps or the redwood forests of northern California and Oregon

You need to go a bit further up Boojum - once you have been up over rannoch moor and through the pass of glencoe (about 90 minutes past loch lomond) you'll see :)

One I took from the top of a munro

post-28971-1296092391_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Loch Lomond is as far as I've been, and that blew me away, stunningly beautiful, took my breath away (I'm ashamed to say I did puke on the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond cos I was suffering a poisonous hangover, but even with a toxic hangover it stunned me and eventually overcame how shit I was feeling just through the sheer majesty of the place :) )