Visit Scotland

Cambium

As every time we went on holiday, we always seemed to hit a rain sodden coastline down South, in approx 1990 we made a decision... "It always bloody rains wherever we go so why not just go to where the rain is? lol "

Never having visited Scotland, this seemed a great idea :) So come Summer holiday time, we packed the camping gear, put the dog on the back seat and it took, including stops about 9 hrs to find a lovely campsite at Invergarry.... Believe it or not, we also hit a moderate heatwave too :woot:

I'm so pleased we made that choice as I had never seen such rural beauty! I even tried windsurfing on one of the Lochs.... something that had always been denied to me because of my epilepsy. Because it was just one man hiring and teaching, he was happy to let me at least have a go... I felt safe as he was also a paramedic...

Apart from the past 3/4 yrs we have always escaped to The Highlands for Xmas and New Year hols ever since :)

One thing that stuck in my mind tho... when we drove home, from a distance you could visibly see the smog and shit we were entering back into hanging over the North of Englands main towns...

Mmmmm if I ever win enough wonga I know where I will be living the rest of my days :yes:

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Otter hide at Rubha Phoil Permaculture Garden. Over looking the Sound of Sleat and the hills of Knoydart :B):

post-33371-0-99122000-1338667303_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Stunning photo's Cambium! I feel honored to live in this beautiful place :guitar:

Thanks for sharing :yinyang:

• Like 1

I'm setting off to Tarbert on loch Fyne in a couple of hours around 5am-6am I do the annual firework display the for the yachting event, too bad I'm pretty wired at the moment and I live 7 hours away and have to be back home for another job on Monday morning which means no sleep for me until Monday night, I usually enjoy going to Scotland but in a few hours them long windy country roads are going to punish me as 1 mile feels like 10 miles.

i love going to scotland and could live in one of the major cities, but I don't think i could live in one of the many isolated villages as there is not enough going on and they are a few hours drive away from anything representing a decent nightlife.

Aaah Scotland, my old friend lol

post-33371-0-89694400-1313188354_thumb.jpg

I've been up to Wester Ross a few times, it's lovely, hoping to get up there again this summer. Gruinard - isn;t that the island where they tested anthrax bombs in the war?

I've been up to Wester Ross a few times, it's lovely, hoping to get up there again this summer. Gruinard - isn;t that the island where they tested anthrax bombs in the war?

Yeah. That's in Loch Ewe I think. That pic was Gruinard bay, which is around the peninsula to the north. The A832 goes right by it and it backs onto letterewe for a bit of wild camping action.

I'm setting off to Tarbert on loch Fyne in a couple of hours around 5am-6am I do the annual firework display the for the yachting event, too bad I'm pretty wired at the moment and I live 7 hours away and have to be back home for another job on Monday morning which means no sleep for me until Monday night, I usually enjoy going to Scotland but in a few hours them long windy country roads are going to punish me as 1 mile feels like 10 miles.

i love going to scotland and could live in one of the major cities, but I don't think i could live in one of the many isolated villages as there is not enough going on and they are a few hours drive away from anything representing a decent nightlife.

all the better for growing id say in the out backs

• 7 months later...