Fast bud question.

bluntman81

Hi, I've got 4 fast bud in the tent at the moment and I was wondering what the recommended light cycle is? I've got them on 20/4 at the moment, problem is to cope with temps that means my extraction is on 20/4 as well and as the tents in my bedroom I'm only getting 4 hours sleep a night!

I'm hoping I'll get used to it - they've only been in a week, but if not can I knock the light down to 18/6?

:argue:

May come to that dude, its only a dr60 and 250w but it gets hot in there without the fan on - looked into muffling the fan but space is at a premium with the c/filter and all so don't want to start boxing the fan in.

Guess there's always spliff and kip on the sofa!

Guest Shairiley

Your lucky you are new to growing and no done enough reading as you would no be getting any sleep at all if you had as your extraction should be running 24/7 plants need to breath all day and everyday turning them off is like you no getting any oxygen .

I must be the only one that loves the sound of his extraction at night. When I close my eyes it sounds like im on a plane and for some reason I find it relaxing and just drift off - Yea I am a weird one :censored: tR

I must be the only one that loves the sound of his extraction at night. When I close my eyes it sounds like im on a plane and for some reason I find it relaxing and just drift off - Yea I am a weird one :fuckyou: tR

Thats the bonus with havin a loft grow. all i hear at night is :censored:

Hi, I've got 4 fast bud in the tent at the moment and I was wondering what the recommended light cycle is? I've got them on 20/4 at the moment, problem is to cope with temps that means my extraction is on 20/4 as well and as the tents in my bedroom I'm only getting 4 hours sleep a night!

I'm hoping I'll get used to it - they've only been in a week, but if not can I knock the light down to 18/6?

Hey mate! What's up? Thanks for your interest!

Well, in my personal opinion and from what I have seen with grow tests, the ideal light cycle to our auto strains is actually 18/6. But you should have your extraction working all the time. Well, you could have it off for, lets say, 15 minutes every 2 hours. But if you turn it off during all the dark period than the plants will not develop and produce as fine as if they were treated right, receiving new air all the time. It will be even more important in the last 3 weeks of their life, since humidity will rise and the chances of having mould on them will increase if you don't have an extractor working.

If noise is a problem to you and you don't have any other place in your house to put the tent, try to get some special tubes to lower the noise. I have Sonoconnect and if is a bit more quiet than Aluconnect. Also some extractor are noisier than others.

Good luck with your grow, if you need any other opinions don't forget to ask for them :stoned:

Keep it high!

|tommy|

Thanks all for the advice, Ive knocked the lights down to 18/6 now and got the fan on 24/7, had a fatty before bed and slept straight through so hoping it'll just become another background noise soon like the road outside.

Cheers!

Hehehehe, that's it mate, you gotta take it like that. Hope you can get used to it but if one day you get the chance of growing them in other place, where noise can't affect your sleep, even better. But yeah, some people even find it relaxing lol

Keep it high!

|tommy|