Extractor Fan Will It Bring My Temp Down?

southgrowa

B) HOws it goin everyone, Iam just about to put a 4inch extractor fan in to my growroom because i noticed it was geting to hot and humid on my last crop. This is now my second crop and i want to get the humidity and temp right. On my last crop the temp ranged between 25 to 35 degrees c and the humidity ranged between 45% to 90%. Could someone please help me, and tell me the ideal temp and humidity levels and also i had quite a big fan in my room can i get rid of it now? or do i still need to keep it or will the extractor fan do the job? and also will the extractor fan bring my humidity and temp down to the right levels and how long would i have to have it on for in a typical day! Any ideas anyone! lol

Yes it will bring temps down. Keep big fan in room as you need circulation and an extractor probably would not be enough unless it was pretty powerful and in a small cupboard.

Ideal temps around 72-76F with lights on and about 10-15 less at 'night', humidity 40-60%. So sayeth the only bible I read

Hi Southgrowa, firstly a big fat YES to the extractor bringing your temps down, and i should imagine the same for your humidity, also yes you will need a fan in the GR to stop any hotspots from forming. You can get a desc fan from Argos for less than £10 works a treat(;)).

As for temps I believe that they should be around 60% in the shade and around 85% at canopy height, as for humidity i think that should be between 40-60, hope this helps and good luck.

Elzzar(;))

Guest nav182

Hi elzzar

Remember to extract at the top of you room so hot air doesn't get time to heat up your grow room. Also is your exhaust going out of the room?. Temp wise try keep it betwen 22-27, ideally 25 degrees. Humidity is harder to keep constant, try keep between 40-70 if you can, avoid temps over 30 for long stretches as that's not good for your babies.

Keep that fan going, those girls need a constant mix of the air flow, stagnant air is not favoured for good grow. Just don't put the fan too close to the lights as you'll get wind burn.

I suggest you keep the fan and extractor on 24/7 personally cos your plants wil be growing 24/7, if noise is a problem for the extractor fan suggest you get a dimer switch at B&Q which will allow you to control fan speed, need any tips on wiring just ask.

Nav

I'll second that - dimmer switches don't work properly - you need a pukka £40 job - best bet for a td160 is to use the 2 speed facility, and wire it using a 2 way, 2 gang light switch (£2-3) to give you on/off, and fast/slow :smoke:

any diy store -b&q etc - they're clearly labelled on the packs - unless you're going to recess them into a panel, you'll need one of the matching mounting boxes, which come in a variety of depths (about £1) ;)

How it works is that each switch takes the feed, and can send it to one of two connections - so the feed goes into the top of one switch - take a lead from one of the two bottom connectors to the top of the second switch (leave one empty on the first switch to give "off") - then take one lead from each of the two bottom connectors on the second switch to the two speed setting connections on the fan, to give fast/slow. Sounds horribly complicated - get the switch and the fan wiring diagram, then draw pictures- the penny will drop - eventually! :smoke:

I know BnQ are handy - but they are a right rip off for most stuff.

I admit I am really lucky, but I have an electrical place literally round the corner - it sells to sparkies and rarely to the public. They have to look up the price in a book and add the VAT and often struggle for change - but they are CHEAP - about 1/4 to 1/2 the price of most BnQ stuff.

About 500 yds in another direction there's the same set up in an old-fashioned ironmongers. You name it, they've got it at a fraction of the big bastards.

And about 500 yds to the right is the same deal with a Decorators/paint suppliers.

There's a BnQ, a Homebase and a Wickes all about the same 500 or so yds away - but only as a last resort.

Support small business - it makes sense for your pocket and your community.

just ordered one of These cant wait for it to get here!!!!

im gona make my own carbon filter and i need to buy sum value ducting too.

my 6" clip on Draper desk fan arrived the other day, its bigger than i expected and noisier too, but its doin the job. It doesnt oscilate but i dont think thats prob cos my gr is tiny.

good luck with ur grow

rocky

man them sparkies get some good stuff in them shops my m8 is a spark and he is getin 400w sont lamp and bulb for around £80 you cant beat that anwere

Guest nav182

OK, so I sucked on the dimmer advice, works for me though *SHRUGS*. But Vlad & Zolmes know more than me so I'd take therir advice

*Nav slaps himself*, bad Nav, bad bad Nav

<hijacking the thread a little...>

i'm trying to find out what i should do...have searched and trawled but can't seem to find an answer!

it's my first grow, and it's going to have to be a hidden grow - ppl who i don't want knowing about it are going to be in the room for short periods of time every week or so.

i'm getting two cheap computer fans to provide a bit of circulation, but i'm stuck on what to do with extraction. it's in a walk-in cupboard, 4'-2'-7', and i can't see a way to have an extractor with ducting going out the window (only exit other than door for room - loft not an option) without it being obvious.

but, on the other hand, the smell i hope the plants will give off will be obvious as well!! :thisbig:

are there any alternatives to the smell monging my room out? and is the smell really that obvious? it is summer, so can open my window for breeze...

any help muchos muchos appreciated :)

peace