Jack 47 & Cream Caramel germination

Guest papaduc

Guest papaduc

I know a load of people read Hantshaze's Jack47 diary had a problem with germination. They turned out to be beasties and I know he loves them now.

Just thought I'd balance it out a bit in case anyone was put off from doing the jacks because I put 5 cream caramel and 5 jack 47 in paper towels and in a warm cupboard and 36 hours later they all had 1cm tap roots on them.

Nice one.

Nice one mate! Gonna be doing some sweet seeds next run for sure! Just waiting for the temps to come down and my jars to get low hehe lol

As for germination... i know it sucks but I always assume that I will not have 100% germination. These are seeds after all and I just can't imagine a world with 100% germination... it just doesn't seem like we should expect that!

Remember also that if they test and get 95% germination.. thats probably across 100 or more seeds taken from a batch of thousands. So some unlucky chap could get stuck with a high proportion of those and another chap get's none lol Bit of a lottery innit!

Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

All my Jacks germed with in 24hrs quicker than another strain I am growing next to them so I am well pleased with the result also 100% so far still got a couple of beans left over

• 1 month later...

Well i've been doing a lot of searching to find my next strain which i'll germinate in about 4 weeks.

I narrowed my search down to, Jorges Diamonds, Yumbolt, Pineapple chunk and Cheisel.

But from the smoke reports ans all round info ive found, my next run just has to be this Jack 47, cant wait.

Guest hantshaze

Nice one Papaduc man :yep:

I wish you luck and happy growing with your new Ss strains :stoned:

My jk's are just over 5 weeeks into bloom atm and are fuckin huge :band:

You are going to be amazed by the Jk :skin_up:

Atb pap

hantshaze........:bong:

I wish you luck and happy growing with your new Ss strains :wink:

You are going to be amazed by the Jk :naughty:

Atb pap

What does your jack47 smell like during flower HH?, i have two on the go at 7.5 weeks and both smell like a greengrocers dish cloth tbh, not a strong smell either just a bit unpleasant and unless they change after a dry and cure nothing like either parent either.

Guest hantshaze

I wish you luck and happy growing with your new Ss strains :wink:

You are going to be amazed by the Jk :naughty:

Atb pap

What does your jack47 smell like during flower HH?, i have two on the go at 7.5 weeks and both smell like a greengrocers dish cloth tbh, not a strong smell either just a bit unpleasant and unless they change after a dry and cure nothing like either parent either.

Hello erbivore man.

No mate mine does'nt smell like greengrocers dish cloths, thank fuck.

Mine smells very lemony and citrusy.

If your arm rubs along a few heads, your arm will stink of lemons ect.

Mine are at 37 days into bloom atm, just over 5 weeks and they fuckn stink.

Whats yours growing in mate, comp ?

Hantshaze.....

I wish you luck and happy growing with your new Ss strains :)

My jk's are just over 5 weeeks into bloom atm and are fuckin huge :)

You are going to be amazed by the Jk :yep:

Atb pap

Hello erbivore man.

No mate mine does'nt smell like greengrocers dish cloths, thank fuck.

Mine smells very lemony and citrusy.

If your arm rubs along a few heads, your arm will stink of lemons ect.

Mine are at 37 days into bloom atm, just over 5 weeks and they fuckn stink.

Whats yours growing in mate, comp ?

Hantshaze.....

Yep, compost with ot organic. It hasnt been a perfect grow but all the other plants smell good so i am puzzled, not a hint of citrus or any other common cannabis smells come to that. At least they have put a bit of weight on and they look the part, hopefully they will cure into something decent. I am thinking that i must have done something wrong as everyone else seems to have got good stinky phenos so to get two that smell equally poor seems odd to me.

• 3 weeks later...

planted 10 jack47 all germed one was a little slow but has more than caught up, 8 jacks and one dna sour cream go 12/12 next monday I have kept the 2 smallest but most bushy healthy plants over gonna flower them in 20 litre buckets under a 600 is there much stretch with the jacks