Thinking of trying a vapouriser for the first time.

Sylar

A few months ago, after 30+ years of baccy laced spliffs, i went over to smoking pure in a pipe, love it, and havnt missed the baccy at all :eek:

However on the basis that you should try everything once in life, thought i should give vaping a go.

What vapouriser would you recomend a newbie to try, please dont suggest starting with a volcano, i want to try the method first, and find whether it suits me or not, before investing in anything like the cost of a volcano etal

:rofl:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sylar

• illegal-porpoises

• Keye

• ratdog

I hear ya, i really do.

I bought the Blue Meanie years ago. It wasn't the first i'd tried but it was the first i'd bought.

The problem is that to get the true effects, you need accurate temperature control, which costs money. The blue meanie-type ones are just soldering irons in a holder with a jam jar on top. It heats up and up and up until it burns the weed. Knowing when to draw off vapour is a skill and you don't really get the proper feel for it.

That being said, the BM was enough for me to reassure that it was something i was into - and i bought the Volcano. I haven't tried to buy one for ages so i don't know the market anymore, i'm sure you'll have more replies.

The thing is, if you try a cheaper end model to see if you like vapourising then your not likely to get a very good representation of what the vapourisation experience is supposed to be all about. I have tried a fair few models from cheap £50 models right up to the £300+ ones, IMO there are only two vapourisers on the market worth bothering with, these are the Volcano and the Verdamper.

If you want to try them before you buy one then you can try them both at Anyday's coffeeshop at Spuistraat / Korte Kolksteeg in Amsterdam, they have a selection of vapourising tables fitted with verdampers upstairs and a Volcano downstairs on the bar.

I'd just like to reiterate the points above and say it really isn't worth trying the cheaper models as they don't compare to the more expensive ones and I can say that from experience having owned several cheaper models before settling on the Volcano

Haven't tried the Verdamper but i'm a regular volcano user (i use the term user because i didn't buy it, just use a friends) and i think you guys have overlooked a very good option.

Adjustable temp aside IMO the vaporstar is a very good "try before you buy-see if you like the high" budget model. It's hands down the best portable vape i've used (not tried the launch box but it blows the iolite out of the water with a far more satisfactory hit, but it may be a bit lacking on the stealth front compared to the iolite :rofl:

It takes a little trial and error to get it how you like it and you could struggle to reach higher temps but it has the efficiency and THC rich hit which put a smile on my face the very first time i used it.

And it still keeps me coming back for more even with a volcano on hand. 'Tis a strangely satisfying feeling, holding a cheap glass piece and looking over and seeing the Valhalla-esque peak of the volcano shinily looming over you, only to realise which one you'd rather have and (more importantly), which one you'd sooner pay for!

And for 25 squid you're going to be more than happy with your purchase, especially when you get that warm feeling inside thinking of all the goodness you've got out of the international herb and how much you've saved in the process. lol

E2A: sorry for pro-vaporstar ranting!

E2AAgain:

I'd like to try a vaporgenie but you don't really see them this side of the pond.

E2Add-lastly: on the basis that you should try everything once in life why not become a gigolo, shit in a hat, lick the queen mum, fall over profusely with no care for personal safety and go back in time and "KILL JOHN LENNON!"

Edited by illegal-porpoises

A few months ago, after 30+ years of baccy laced spliffs, i went over to smoking pure in a pipe, love it, and havnt missed the baccy at all :woot:

However on the basis that you should try everything once in life, thought i should give vaping a go.

What vapouriser would you recomend a newbie to try, please dont suggest starting with a volcano, i want to try the method first, and find whether it suits me or not, before investing in anything like the cost of a volcano etal

:badass:

The Iolite is a good place to start but it does require a bit of experimentation to get the best from it.

Blank

Thanks for the input everyone, just what i was looking for :yep:

I take the point about temperature control, actually the thought had allready occured to me while ive been considering vaping, after all why whould they have temperature controls if they didnt need them.

Think iam going to put the idea on the back burner for a while, someone i know is bound to get a vape at some stage, or i may try the vaporstar if i get bored waiting for someone else to blink first :yep:

on the basis that you should try everything once in life why not become a gigolo, shit in a hat, lick the queen mum, fall over profusely with no care for personal safety and go back in time and "KILL JOHN LENNON!"

Id rather go back in time and terminate John Chapman in 1979 :unsure:

:rofl:

I think a good starter is the Vaporstar. Yes, it will burn the weed sometimes but the way I treat mine now is like a "Better bong". Even when the weed burns a little it is still a very smooth smoke and none of the nasty coughing I used to get with bongs. The reports on the Magic Flight Launch Box seem great and I will be buying one of these soon.

Try a Vaporstar dude, £30 is a good deal for what it does.

Guest smoketilluchoke

damn LP i had a vaporstar

thought it was shit and threw it away :rofl:

got a volcano now

but tbh ive heard a lot of good things about the whip style vapes such as the silver surfer

either way it need to be one wich draws hot air over the bud not one that just heats a metal plate

Edited by smoketilluchoke

I bought a vaporstar recently and although its a decent bit of kit i find that all my weed tastes pretty much the same( home made lemonade), which is a bit disapointing considering the differences between them in a joint. Also you get nearly all the flavour on the first couple of hits which means that the following 6 or so are nessesary but a bit bland in comparrison. Easy on the chest which was the main reason for me buying but not as powerefull as the same amount in a spliff.

Guest smoketilluchoke

honestly

i think you would be better off with just a glass rod than a vaporstar

heat the end of the rod with a torch lighter and shove it in ur bowl, u can smoke and vape this way

Magic Flight Launch Box all the way for me, easy to use, you can use it any where because it`s so small and you can judge when the vapours used up, i have hammered mine everyday since i bought it and am considering getting a back up even though it has a lifetime guarantee, wouldn`t want to be without it now :wink:

Hi, I just bought the magic flight box and the vaporstar. IMHO not as good as I was hoping.

The magic flight box looks nice and is pretty stealth but it will drain batteries very quick! You need to purchase better rechargable ones, something like 2800mha. Ive used it a few times but to me its made NO difference, maybe because I felt stoned before hand from joints. Really need to try first thing in the morning.

I have gave 2 people a blast on it who don't even smoke and they didnt really feel much of an effect. Even a few of my smoking mates have had a go, now they take the piss on the money I spent on it!

Vaporstar seems a better hit. Only had a couple of weeks and now requires a new grommet in which the wooden pipe locates in.

Looking back now, should've just bought the volcano. Oh well...

Cheers