thanks to you guys i,me gona give it a go!

blooper

hi to ya all thanks to you all i,m gonna give it a go and hopefully grow some of me own,hey im prepaired to go some months without a smoke at all rather than put up with the rubbish i usually get,anyway on to the advice i need ,basicly i have not too much cash available so could anyone point me in the right directions for lighting ,i know you can use fluresant tubes how many would i need to say grow 4 plants and what type of tubes would be best,2ndly i know hydroponics is best but would i get something decent to smoke using just quality soil i,m not after mind blowing gear although that would be nice hee hee just something better than what im used too?3rdly seeds i havent a clue what would be say easiest to grow for the begginer and could anyone point me in the direction of a reliable shop or online to get them?i,me just after a easyish setup for now but who knows in the future.i know i could find out all this from the web and i will be looking around but you guys and guys are such a freindly and knoleglable bunch thought ide ask you first thanks in advance for any help big smiles to ya all CHEERS

should have thougt first really been reading the posts here and seem to be finding out all i want to know DOH never mind any advice still greatly app esp about the seed buisness so many types so much chice ;) thanks again to ya all

Guest THE PUFFER

Obviously you yourself will see certain names and characteristics that appeal to you. With these also take into account indoor growing for newbies is better starting with an indica, smell and taste may also be a factor for you (as well as buzz). Have a look in the seed exchange and get some ideas then post up what you think you want from your plant

and we'll be able to 'advise' you better.

(I bet everybody else will say...Northern Lights... :sarcasm: :) )

PEACE ;)

Hi Blooper

Its always a good move to grow your own, so good luck!

As you've noticed, you can find out pretty much everything you need to know on here. Everyone is always willing to help, you just have to ask, which is nice lol

As concerns seeds, I'm not going to say northern lights, although that would be a good choice. I'm going to suggest skunk or super skunk. They are easy to grow and very rewarding. Nice buds and that smell, mmmm. Its a classic, but so is Northern lights. I still find it hard to choose now, so i suppose youll just have to take the plunge!!

Best of luck

Chip   :satisfied:

I'm on my first grow and it's with a 50/50 Sativa/Indica (as far as I can tell) which is proving incredibly easy so far.  It's known locally as Haze36 or Haze37 and has been knocking around these parts since '95.  I'm about to get some NL and Shiva cuttings which should add some nice variety to my next grow.

Although pure Indicas are shorter most people prefer the high from (at least some) Sativa and they are generally less smelly when growing.  I'd look at a 75 Ind/25 Sat or a 50/50.

fastlight.co.uk is the only option for lights up to 400W unless you enjoy throwing money away lol  they do a really cheap light here

http://www.fastlight.co.uk/IP20_L.htm

the same light but with a switchable ballast so that it can run MH or HPS here

http://www.fastlight.co.uk/GROLITE_E.htm

and the same light but with a remote ballast and two bulbs here

http://www.fastlight.co.uk/GROLITE.htm

I'd go for the middle option with a glass screen and split the ballast myself.

I'd go along with the SK or Superskunk too OR...

Bubblegum - one of my favourites - if you order them from seedsdirect.to (nirvana) for a tenner - you'll get 15 free sk#1... then you can do both.

or...(mumble)... Northern Lights aren't bad.

thanks for all your great advice i certainly have a few things to think about now ,peaple said you lot were the best and they were right proud to be a member of this great place lol cheers