Does Pot Size Matter In Coco?

snappy

High all

I would like to know if pot size is as important as it is when growing in regular soil..... I currently use 6.5ltr pots for flowering and am having to water twice a day.. I am thinking of using larger pots for the next run, is this a good idea? or a waste of coco?The plants will be potted up slowly so they grow a decent root ball..

thanks in advance for any help :yep:

High all

I would like to know if pot size is as important as it is when growing in regular soil..... I currently use 6.5ltr pots for flowering and am having to water twice a day.. I am thinking of using larger pots for the next run, is this a good idea? or a waste of coco?The plants will be potted up slowly so they grow a decent root ball..

thanks in advance for any help :yep:

Provided that you've got your environment and feeding dialled in I think its really a waste of Coco to go above 5 litres. If you pot up then you will have a good rootball so you should be able to yield more bud with less coco,just feed them about 3 times per day if you can.

Loads of great info here http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showforum=216

Good luck mate

• Like 1

Thanks MAJORGLORY

I'll take a look at the link, thanks lol I am watering at lights on and at lights off.. I guess I could water inbetween aswell... I was just thinking of a way to make it easier on myself rather than increase the yeild!! My logic was bigger pots = less watering :wink: :spliff: I am thinking of an autowatering system..not 100% sure exactly what tho

Edited by Owderb

Guest papaduc

Go with the bigger pots mate. Bigger pots do equal less watering. There's no such thing as an upper limit with regards to pot size. You couldn't grow a tree in a five liter pot no matter how many times a day you feed them.

I'm in 20L pots now. Piece of piss.

Sounds like you're watering incorrectly snappy, a 6ltr pot lasts me 2 days in the height of flower. You need to totally saturate the rootball and leave it in the run off for awhile until it soaks up what it can then tip the rest away.

edit-sorry i was assuming you were thinking of swopping to coco :stoned: ..please ignore

Edited by KC

Guest Tutu

I've used 6.5l upto 25l pots so far for coco plants the 25l pot was 1 plant 1 600w did 17oz, the 6.5l was 1 plant out of 4 under 1 600w the other 3 were 11l did maybe 1/2 oz more each pot than the 6.5l

All these were handwatered daily.

Next plant 45l pot dripper fed 3-4 times a day

Pot size is directly dependant on how much light you give them

last grow I did 4 plants 20l pots 1kw took 37oz but lost 7 of that in rot.