Dry Yield

garzo

Hi folks,

just a quick one on dry yield, I've been growing white widow for 5 grow cycles now. each grow has looked to have gone fairly successfully, and the plants look as good as any i've seen on the forums, but by the time I trim and dry the buds (i.e final dried weight, just buds) I'm only getting about just over an ounce per plant. Everytime I read up on yields for white widow the seem to be talking about 100-120 grms. This is obviously far from what I'm getting, are they talking about something else or are my plants just crap.

Cheers

Garzo

alot depends on strain and how you grow, ie how long/big you veg them,

i like to grow center cola's and i'd say i get between 20- 35 gram of dried bud per plant,

i'm happy with that... :!: i wouldn't worry to much about weight garzo,

aslong as your getting enough for your needs and it's potent weed,

and alot of people lie about hte yeild they get anyway, and weigh it when it still holds alot of water.....

your plants sound fine to me.... ;) any pic's???

whats it taste like ???

In my experience of WW, just like cat piss SR :!:

a nice cat piss or horrible catpiss ... :) ie has the cat just had suger puffs...... ;)

i tasted ww in the dam but found it quite bland, but i could have been unlucky,

and just got a bad bud and every ww i've tried over here has been grown commercial rubbish,

one day i'll give it a grow, but there's just to many more i want to try first.....

A mate of mine loves his WW ;)

I found it quite harsh on the throat, & a rank cat piss taste & smell to it that put me off...

but there's just to many more i want to try first

The taste factor is a must for me.....if it ain't got the taste i'm after, i don't bother growing it again :!:

Thanks SR & Mr. B

I'll try and post some pics later, i've only just got my hands on a digital camera and will have to work out how to use it first.

The taste of the WW is just ok, but since all you can get round here is crap hash its pretty popular and i've had quite a few compliments on the effect.

when i bought the seeds I was only interested in THC levels etc and WW certainly lived up to those expectations.

I also bought some White Skunk seeds when I bought the WW seeds and have only just got round to starting some, have you heard anything about it?

One more thing while i'm on, each generation of plants (5 so far) has got more compact each time, have you seen that happen before, the plants get smaller but the yield has not really changed, ie the smaller plants have a greater number of good buds in the end. I had thought it may of been that the conditions were harder during the winter or that I was using Superbud, any ideas?

Cheers

Garzo

I am grooing ww and it is interesting to hear what ppl think of smell, taste etc. My grow of ww (with nl as well) smells quite nice, unlike some of the cats piss smell I have had of other grows, does anyone have an opinion on the taste and smell of Northern Lights as maybe it is them that I am smelling.

I agree with the previous posters about ppl exagerating their grow - I also, in the past, was averaging 1 ounce per plant and that was using a a 400 watt bulb - this time I am using 2 x 600watts and it looks like it is going to make a worthwhile difference. What wattage are you using?

I think your plants are getting more compact because they are getting older, i.e. even though they are clones they are really the age from when you first popped the seeds and afer 5 clonings they must be about a year +, this is only my opinion of course.

In the past I have always been dissapointed with my grows compared to some of the growers here and on other sites but I suppose it is all down to experience and experimenting AND probably most important is the genetics.

I cannot get good genetics and have to rely on my own clones and seeds so I am in the same boat, although me a a m8 are thinking of going to the Dam to see if we can buy a clone or two from a greenhouse, has anyone tried this? I was thinking of just putting the clone among a bunch of other flowers, maybe tulips.

Good luck anyway.

I cannot get good genetics and have to rely on my own clones and seeds

Why? Good quality seeds aren't hard to find, your half way there already, check the site store, seems alot of trouble to go to the Dam and smuggle back a borg ridden clone when you can order online.

GD

I've been using two 400W,s one vegging, one flowering with a flourecent for the mothers. I only do four plants at a time in each so I had thought this to be enough. I've very little room.

I've been pretty happy with my WW so far but its getting a bit boring after 5 crops, with such a small set-up its hard to get variety. As for WW I always thought it smelt alright, the taste is reasonable and the effect great.

Like pip I'd be very wary of bring anything back from the Dam, seems like a lot of unnessessary risk.

I'm away to stare at my buds with only a week to go they look beautiful.

Garzo

totally agree with you there Bish - WW is probably the only variety of weed that I actually dislike. I think it tastes horrible

Not sure about the cat piss analogy tho - shall have to wait till my Tom hoses something down and test the theory ;)

I have tasted 3 different varioties of WW all grown by someone i know or myself.

You get anything from

a sweet fruity taste to a cat piss taste

A white fluffy bud to a dark dense bud

a lighthearted high to a 'couchlock' high

all depends on seed genes, phenotype and cycle time

If you get a good pheno, then its a keeper...IMO

garzo> if you have room to grow, you have room for choice ;)

buy a few packs or an 'indoor mix' , beg a few clones from somewhere.

once you start distinguishing the differences in what you grow yeild becomes second place

btw... an oz per plant is not bad going IMHO

i used to get between 1 and 2 per plant under a 70w hps or the 400w

Edited by Addy

Not sure about the cat piss analogy tho - shall have to wait till my Tom hoses something down and test the theory ;)

:):)

Ay up Addy - nice of you to pop in mate lol

Hi Chaps,

I must have just got lucky as the WW's I've just harvested are probably the best tasting 'green' I've ever had bar maybe this one batch of Bubblegum I aquired.

The taste is very fruity and makes your mouth water big time, it begs you for one more toke because of the taste it leaves in your mouth, only problem with that is your smashed in double quick time. :) I'm well happy with it, the buds during flowering smelt fruity all the way and the taste is very much how its smelt.

I got just over an ounce per plant once dried out and some I got an oz and a half.

Will definately be growing it again, although I have a whole range to try yet. ;)

Respect and Laterz

S.A. :headpain:

post-115-1080235601.jpg

Edited by Stonedagain