Coco Essentials

budhed

is ph , ec , and reverse osmosis absoloutely essential can you grow without R.O in coco ?

where will i find cheap RELIABLE ph and Ec pens ?

any help really appreciated

also read that flowering in 11ltr pots in coco is too big is this true ?

help appreciated

i use coco & flower in 10l pots & I hand water , so 11l aint too big at all . You do need an EC & PH pen though , anything else is just guess work . You can pick up EC & PH pen for about 30 quid each . I bought some adwa ones off flea bay & they were rubbish and look like they should of been made in china in 1970 , goto greens they have some good ones.

hope that helps mate

I dont know where you got the idea you need ro water for growing in coco

The only time you really need ro is if your tap water is pure shite

Owd

Depends what nutes you are using as to weather you need an EC meter IMO.

Some coco nutrients have an organic component that does not show up correctly on an EC meter.

I would say you only need a pH meter as an essential.

You can grow the plants in any size pots really, just grow the plants to the size of the pot (if that makes sense) and if you use big pots, make sure you allow enough time for them root out thoroughly.

ATB

The Dutch have hard water I believe, like much of the UK, so many of their formulas are on broadly similar water profiles. Otherwise, go with PlantMagic who make UK water specific nutes in both hard and soft formulas.

I've never used RO water before and my tapwater here is pure shite - EC 0.7 out of the tap. I bubble all my feed water for at least 24 hours first to get rid of as much chlorine as possible, but that's it. I have used rain water before, which is almost the same (i.e EC 0), but if you're growing in coco you'll get all kinds of deficiencies because the nute formulas all take into account the crap in the water (which often accounts for Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and trace elements).

I've no idea what your growing experience is, but if you're not very experienced stay away from RO. There's other much more important stuff to learn first. Most of the people's diaries you see here of mouthwatering buds are using their bog standard local shitty tapwater.

GN