Growing In Coco Coir.

firefox46

i am currently growing in canna coco professional plus. i learned yesterday that i wasnt growing in soil or compost! as coco is apparently a hydro grow. if this is the case should i be watering nute my plants every day? as i thought it was compost/soil and heard/read the compost/soil like wet/dry periods.

yes you will have to water nuts as coco as none ...hand water maybe twice a day...coco nuts as welll.

yes you will have to water nuts as coco as none ...hand water maybe twice a day...coco nuts as welll.

so thats where ive gone wrong :lucky: i have been giving them wet dry periods. thinking it was soil/compost. god im a dumb ass. but its all about learning! thanks for that.

no fuckin wonder there only 12" tall six weeks into veg.

A wet dry cycle would only harm your plants if you let the medium get too dry, as long as the leaves did'nt droop and start to dry out you will be fine, don't worry you can almost feel when they are thirsty after a while.

So that leaves you with, once again, your PH, it was way to high.

What have you been feeding them with?

You need to fill out your profile

sorry for the long delay in answering.

i am using canna coco professional plus medium. (which i thought was soil/compost, but recently learned its a hydro medium)

i am using the canna range nutes..

canna coco a&b

rhizotonic

trichoderma

cannaazym

canna pk13/14

canna boost accelerator.

superthrive.

i have not added all the nutes at mo. im just using canna a&b and cannazym at mo. and once a week a drop of superthrive. as there still in veg. im extending the veg by one week. the reason for this is because i was treating them as being in soil/compost. but as i said recently learned they are hydro. and i was giving them wet/dry periods. but now i know it is a hydro grow i have been advised i have to water/ nute them every day! so i know where i have gone wrong. which has pleased me. because on my next grow i will have that bit more knowledge of what im doing.

Edited by firefox46

Guest Tutu

i am using canna coco professional plus medium. (which i thought was soil/compost, but recently learned its a hydro medium)

canna coco a&b

rhizotonic

trichoderma

cannaazym

canna pk13/14

canna boost accelerator.

superthrive.

i have not added all the nutes at mo. im just using canna a&b and cannazym at mo. and once a week a drop of superthrive. as there still in veg. im extending the veg by one week. the reason for this is because i was treating them as being in soil/compost. but as i said recently learned they are hydro. and i was giving them wet/dry periods. but now i know it is a hydro grow i have been advised i have to water/ nute them every day! so i know where i have gone wrong. which has pleased me. because on my next grow i will have that bit more knowledge of what im doing.

PH pen? PH down? You need to adjust the ph of the nutrient solution in coco and watering daily is fine, do a hempy bucket and you can go to 2 days between watering with stunning results.

Coco is an amazing medium (Better than soil IMHO) but you need to treat it right but it's such a payback it's well worth it.

You want if you don't have EC meter, PH pen, ph down, a syringe and some calibration fluid.

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Plant-...Management-397/

you make the nutrient solution up, check the EC (Which tells you how high the salt levels are which tells you how strong the nutes are) then check the PH with the pen add acid (PH down) a little at a time then check again until you're between 5.5 and 6.2 then feed. You can wing it without an EC meter but PH is essential.

Liquid Silicon is a must any hydro shop sells it makes the plant stems woody and hard, I always get floppy plants without it it raises the PH though which means you need to use a little more acid to lower it again.

I would also recommend rootgrow/granules which is a beneficial fungus for the root system work very well with soil or coco.

High firefox. just thought i'd popup my 1st gro diary from way back. g13haze Done in coco A+B/rhizo/zym/13-14 etc.

Bit of a blind gro like :puke: but it may be of use. If it is it'll be a miracle like lol .

Man, took me a while 2 find it like, was on my old tag.

post-52333-1274013138_thumb.jpg1st gro in coco

Hope u get things on track. have a good'un.

peace

Hey Firefox, I have always used coco so cant say if its better or worse than any other method but I've always been very pleased with the results. I have never used an EC meter but my PH never needed adjusting, It stayed between 5.6 - 6.0 throughout. Using Canna coco A+B with Nitrozyme throughout and PK13/14 added three weeks before harvest, I got 4oz a plant easy, 6-7 weeks veg, 60-70 days flowering in autopots under 4 600w lights. You could replicate the autopots, just sit your plants in a deep saucer & keep it an inch deep in nutrients, allow the tray to dry every 4-5 days while you feed from the top, This method will work better with 2" of clay pebbles in the bottom of the pots, I can post my feeding schedule if your interested :(

Edited by CantBeFuct

Hey Firefox, I have always used coco so cant say if its better or worse than any other method but I've always been very pleased with the results. I have never used an EC meter but my PH never needed adjusting, It stayed between 5.6 - 6.0 throughout. Using Canna coco A+B with Nitrozyme throughout and PK13/14 added three weeks before harvest, I got 4oz a plant easy, 6-7 weeks veg, 60-70 days flowering in autopots under 4 600w lights. You could replicate the autopots, just sit your plants in a deep saucer & keep it an inch deep in nutrients, allow the tray to dry every 4-5 days while you feed from the top, This method will work better with 2" of clay pebbles in the bottom of the pots, I can post my feeding schedule if your interested :(

yes please. i would like that. thanks for your response.

High firefox. just thought i'd popup my 1st gro diary from way back. g13haze Done in coco A+B/rhizo/zym/13-14 etc.

Bit of a blind gro like :( but it may be of use. If it is it'll be a miracle like :rofl: .

Man, took me a while 2 find it like, was on my old tag.

post-52333-1274013138_thumb.jpg1st gro in coco

Hope u get things on track. have a good'un.

peace

i will certainly be reading your diary bongmonkee. thanks a lot for your reply.

• Like 1

canna coco a&b

rhizotonic

trichoderma

cannaazym

canna pk13/14

canna boost accelerator.

superthrive.

PH pen? PH down? You need to adjust the ph of the nutrient solution in coco and watering daily is fine, do a hempy bucket and you can go to 2 days between watering with stunning results.

Coco is an amazing medium (Better than soil IMHO) but you need to treat it right but it's such a payback it's well worth it.

You want if you don't have EC meter, PH pen, ph down, a syringe and some calibration fluid.

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Plant-...Management-397/

you make the nutrient solution up, check the EC (Which tells you how high the salt levels are which tells you how strong the nutes are) then check the PH with the pen add acid (PH down) a little at a time then check again until you're between 5.5 and 6.2 then feed. You can wing it without an EC meter but PH is essential.

Liquid Silicon is a must any hydro shop sells it makes the plant stems woody and hard, I always get floppy plants without it it raises the PH though which means you need to use a little more acid to lower it again.

I would also recommend rootgrow/granules which is a beneficial fungus for the root system work very well with soil or coco.

hi tutu. thanks for your reply much appreciated. i have been using ph down. sorry i didnt put that bit in. i am using a cheapo ph tester. the liquid one where i compare it on the colour chart. but dont think thats very effective. but i will be investing in a trio meter. so hopefully get accurate results. i will take on board what you have said. cheers.

i just want to thank everyone for there replies and helping me. at first i found the site confusing. but thats because i didnt no what i was growing my plants in! :( but with everyones help im learning. so thanks everyone. :-)

Guest Tutu
hi tutu. thanks for your reply much appreciated. i have been using ph down. sorry i didnt put that bit in. i am using a cheapo ph tester. the liquid one where i compare it on the colour chart. but dont think thats very effective. but i will be investing in a trio meter. so hopefully get accurate results. i will take on board what you have said. cheers.

I use a bluelab truncheon and a ph pen I don't like trimeters for DTW hydro they're more hassle than there worth, problem is with trimeters the probes sit in the mix constantly which wears the probes excessively leading to premature failure and frequent recalibration. I only need to use my PH pen and ec meter once a week the pen is good to around 365 tests and the bluelab is good forever which means it'll be a long time before I buy another pen.

I can't recommend the essentials PH pen more I had to calibrate it when I bought it (It was reading 7.5 in 7.0 solution) but had it since october last year check it monthly in calibration solution it's never been out yet.

As for res temp I have a cheapo stick on thermometer I got from a aquatics shop £2 which I have stuck on the outside of the res