Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

Wow first of all slammin tune "Painted smile" by Concept nice1 AT sir

Oss mate what a selection, Horns classic, that Mob Justice was heavy.

I like the stuff on Shogun Audio cheers

Nice that you like it stonedcold. I actually saw commix play not too long ago (2009) in Austria. He did play a nice set.

I don't listen to DnB too often these days, but this thread took me back a couple of years. so i went digging and found this mad house track from back in the dayze! :smokin:

I wonder if you like it! lol

AT :oldtoker:

ps: I still enjoy ltj once in a while but so much has been posted already.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just found this thread! Nice selection so far..

I've been into D&B since my early teens. I love most varieties, but the sound that's stuck with me the most is old skool Techstep/Neurofunk; Al-a Ed Rush & Optical, Trace, Teebee, Calyx, and anything on No U-Turn or Virus. Classic sounds such as Ed Rush & Optical's essential mix from 1999 - that badboy will stick in my mind as the pinicle of the time when D&B was getting darrrrk.

These days I've been loving the dark and experimental sounds of Barcode Recordings, Freak, etc along with Deeper sounds like Alix Perez and . New skool Neuro has become a pretty stale over the past few years so I've been shying away from it; although there's been some promising stuff released this year!

I haven't had a chance to go through every page so I don't know if there's been any Tech posted yet, but I'll post up a few Tracks from old to new:

1998, Ed Rush and Optical - Compound:

Wormhole is a classic Album and represents the shift from rougher, darker tearout junglist sounds to the refined Sci-Fi styles of Tech and Neuro!

2003, Black Sun Empire - Boris the Blade:

BSE started making this sound around 1999 and they were one of the first international acts that really started pushing the Techy sound that I love.

• Like 1

2006, Audio - Premonition:

The bigger, heavier and louder sounds of the late 2000s. It's amazing how much larger the sounds have got in terms of production (waveforms are almost walls of sound a lot of the time); and in my opinion it has lost some of the soul and outright groove that the old Tech used to bring to the table. Still, can't beat listening to Audio through a honking rig!

So that's a bit of a chronicle of the Tech sound. I could post so many more amazing tracks, so I'll get cracking on a daily basis.

I hope you enjoy the Darker side of D&B :guitar:

No responses yet, but I'll add another Tech classic for good measure anyway :guitar:

1997, Ed Rush & Nico - Torque:

From the classic No U-Turn album 'Torque'. It was this album that cemented the early Techstep sound in the late '90s; dark sci-fi soundscapes, industrial beats, techno bleeps and tearing, multi-timbred reeses made this the most forward thinking D&B at the time.

It sounds dated now, but the tension and moody atmosphere in the tunes still gets me every time! Classic darkside business :evil:

Classic vid.. twas exciting times back in the day!

A quality tune selection too.. dark choppage and the like will never get old :ninja:

Edited by darklight1990

Guest oldskoolsmoker

Stonecold that 89 video was class :yahoo: Wish I was old enough then got a load of tunes from the late 80s on vinyl love it

Oss :smokin:

Edited by oldskoolsmoker