Feeding Amounts

BUDBLAZER

There are plenty of threads on here asking advice on the frequency of feeding young plants in veg, I have been feeding every 3 days but I would like some re-assurance on the amount i am feeding my plants. They are cuttings in their 3rd week of veg in hydro pots (25x25x30) using coco (custom mix with approx 15% perlite). I mix the feed in litres and add half strength feed (I have been building from water to full feed) and feed each plant 500ml, is this too much or not enough or just right? is there a way of working out the right volume of feed without knowing the root mass?

I water my ladies in coco every 2 days till there is a small amount of run off. :ninja:

so saturating the soil every 2 days on 20cm plants is cool yea?

There are plenty of threads on here asking advice on the frequency of feeding young plants in veg, I have been feeding every 3 days but I would like some re-assurance on the amount i am feeding my plants. They are cuttings in their 3rd week of veg in hydro pots (25x25x30) using coco (custom mix with approx 15% perlite). I mix the feed in litres and add half strength feed (I have been building from water to full feed) and feed each plant 500ml, is this too much or not enough or just right? is there a way of working out the right volume of feed without knowing the root mass?

First up, you should always water coco to runoff....no matter how much it is. 10% runoff is ideal.

Secondly, you need to use an EC pen to get the strength right. For veg around EC 1.2 to 1.5 is about right.....but it depends on your tapwater to an extent. Measure your tapwater EC and then make it up to 1.2 to 1.5 with your coco A/B nutes.

Have a good read of the pinned thread and you'll get answers to almost every coco question you could have :guitar:

GN