Watering..

mr nelson

im currently in week 4 of flower and am feeding my plants every 2 days.. the question is they only take 1 litre each with run off and im just not quite sure if this is a problem? The run off from them also looks clearer than the feed i give them as if its sucked all nutes out and spat out dirty water.They look healthy and are developing nicely i just dont know if this is enough for them or a problem waiting to happen

They are in pure coco just incase it helps.

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by mr nelson

im currently in week 4 of flower and am feeding my plants every 2 days.. the question is they only take 1 litre each with run off and im just not quite sure if this is a problem? The run off from them also looks clearer than the feed i give them as if its sucked all nutes out and spat out dirty water.They look healthy and are developing nicely i just dont know if this is enough for them or a problem waiting to happen

Thanks for all the help.

What size pots, my 20l hempys with pure coco ate 7l's every 2 days to see run off.

Thanks for all the help.

What size pots, my 20l hempys with pure coco ate 7l's every 2 days to see run off.

11 i think mate not too sure now , they still feel pretty heavy after 2 days but i feed anyway as i presumed the water was just a treansport for the nutes to travel around the plant.

Edited by mr nelson

just let them sit in the water for 20-30 mins or so, if they suck it all up give them some more, throw away the run off,

wait till the pot feels light again then feed again

Edited by leroy

Thanks leroy i will try that.. when you say wait till the pot feels light would this even apply if it takes 3 days or so to dry out? I hand water from the top and i usually let them sit for 10mins or so but i have a different plant in a smaller pot that drinks 3l every 2 days given its almost double the size of my others also the pots do seem to be a little bottom heavy although the top is dryish. Thanks for the help its aprreciated.

i water mine every 2-4 days or when ever they need it, diff plants drink diff amounts of feed/water, just wait till the pot feels light before watering again

I found my 11L pots needed watered every 2-3 days and took 4L of water with a little run off usually.

Thanks for the info ill try leaving them an extra day say how they go.

Edited by mr nelson

If you're in pure coco, you're growing hydroponically dude.....

I think the general practice is to water when pots feel light whil;e the plants get some roots down, then water everyday. Especially in flower. :)

Check this thread mate... Loads of good info in there... A lot about watering frequency too...

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=197864

Hope that helps man.....