Curling Leaves

raywil77

any help appreciated on my plants i have got one i noticed today that the leaves seem to be dryish and a few top leaves are curling inwards , and they are not to near the light, and they are not short of water. any one shed some light on this one thanks raywil77

STREGNTH OF UR FEED TOO HIGH OR THE EC LEVELS IN UR MEDIUM.WHAT ARE U GROWING WITH MEMIUM AN NEWTS

i am growing in15 ltr buckets the black buckets you normally would wash your car with.

medium is coco, secound week of veg been underfeeding them up to now 1 mil of canna

vege to 1 ltr of water, watering every 3 to 4 days 1 ltr per bucket, ph 5.8 to 6.4

thanks for your reply

watering every 3 to 4 days 1 ltr per bucket, ph 5.8 to 6.4

That sounds to me like not a lot of feed - not the strength, the volume and frequency. Don't let the coco dry out and feed them every other day and see how they fare. I'm betting they perk right up...

GN

e2a: and when you do feed them, feed them to 10% runoff - get that coco properly drenched. When you get runoff you wash out any excess salts from the used nutes around the roots and more importantly draw air down. If you feed them daily you'll get amazing results....and if you feed them more than that in full flower, you'll get excellent yields.

Remember: treat coco like soil and you get soil-like results....treat coco like hydro and you get hydro-like results.

Edited by GreenNinja

watering every 3 to 4 days 1 ltr per bucket, ph 5.8 to 6.4

That sounds to me like not a lot of feed - not the strength, the volume and frequency. Don't let the coco dry out and feed them every other day and see how they fare. I'm betting they perk right up...

GN

e2a: and when you do feed them, feed them to 10% runoff - get that coco properly drenched. When you get runoff you wash out any excess salts from the used nutes around the roots and more importantly draw air down. If you feed them daily you'll get amazing results....and if you feed them more than that in full flower, you'll get excellent yields.

Remember: treat coco like soil and you get soil-like results....treat coco like hydro and you get hydro-like results.

got to agree there daily watering is the way forward with coco ive tried both

last grow was every few days or when the pots got light .........this grow everyday

the difference is more than noticeable !!!!!!!!!

e2a get some pics up bud speaks more than words ever can !!!!!!!

peppi :smoke:

Edited by Peppi

watering daily is the way with coco IMO anyway..i have a slight inward curl due to my lowish humidity,its not a problem but if i were to feed every other day or less the curling would be more pronounced defiantly,

so try daily if you can...

best of luck

JD :smoke:

watering daily is the way with coco IMO anyway..i have a slight inward curl due to my lowish humidity,its not a problem but if i were to feed every other day or less the curling would be more pronounced defiantly,

so try daily if you can...

best of luck

JD :)

thanks guys all of you for the info, i was a bit frightened of watering every day as i read the first mistake new growers do is over water, if i give them 1 ltr of water every, do you think that would be ok for them, as the buckets do stand in trays and excess water does run into trays, is it ok for the run of water in the trays to stay there or should i sponge it out, get rid of it, also should i give them fresh water that as been stood over night, as i have been topping up a barrell of water every few days or so and using that water out of the barrell, and i suppose the water in the bottom of barrell wont be fresh

kind regards ray

hi again raywill77,

i feed 1L per plant daily once in my final pots (11L) and up to 2L daily when near harvest when they get a real thirst on,but generally i wait to see a little run-off... i have a few inch of clay pebbles at the bottom of the pots,do you? this helps prevent "wet feet" when in coco.

mixing up larger batches of feed is a good thing,its more stable and allows good evaporation of chlorine so I'd say your doing good work with your barrel :B): other things to keep your nutes fresh are,a good mix up by hand before use,a air pump and stone aerating them prior to use..

hope that helps dude..

JD :yes:

hi again raywill77,

i feed 1L per plant daily once in my final pots (11L) and up to 2L daily when near harvest when they get a real thirst on,but generally i wait to see a little run-off... i have a few inch of clay pebbles at the bottom of the pots,do you? this helps prevent "wet feet" when in coco.

mixing up larger batches of feed is a good thing,its more stable and allows good evaporation of chlorine so I'd say your doing good work with your barrel :yep: other things to keep your nutes fresh are,a good mix up by hand before use,a air pump and stone aerating them prior to use..

hope that helps dude..

JD :spliff:

hi john doe, thanks for your reply.

yeh ive got a black dustbin full of water with fish tank heater in it running at 23deg

and 2 air stones running 1 hour prior to watering plants

for oxygen, i have heard you can get oxygen tablets have you ever used them.

yes i have also got pebbles in mine i notice a couple of the plants have light yellow leaves do u think this is a problem, i am growing power skunk as they say it is an easy one to grow

anyway thanks for your help cheers raywil77