Finding a male for a confused cross

utopiate

Hello people,

Didn't know where to post this but I thought I'd start locally and see what happened.

I have a couple of really beautiful plants that I wish to make seed from in order the share the wonderful genetics contained within.  The seeds were bought from C bay and are Rottytown’s  cross of Dutchflowers’ Apollo13 trip (apollo 13 x Haze 19 (postronics) x apollo 11, a beautiful combination of 75% Brothers Grimm and 25% posi.  Beautiful indica structure, preflowers early, stretch very managable.  Lovely plant.

Usually I would use some pollen from a few true breeding males, (afghaani, SK1 etc) the more I think about it, it all gets cloudy, my thinking is below.

Apollo 11/13, are both made from the mysterious Jack Herer f2 seeds which also spawned cindy 99, the Princess clone produced cindy, her sister clone Genius was back crossed with a c99 male to produced a13 and the next back-crossing was apollo 11.  The back crossing of princess to made using a shiva skunk female and back crossed to the original clone to give cindy99.

Jack Herer is a combination of Skunk no 1 x haze x NL5 and Shiva skunk is a cross of sk no1 and NL 5.  And the haze 19 has 13% indica contained.  (Info from Strainbase and Brothers grimm info desk).

If  ? is the mysterious male that knocked up the original Jack Herer, It would appear that my plant could be simply considered, if you are mad,   (((sk1 x haze x NL5 f2) x ?) x (SK1 x NL5)) x Haze19) X (((sk1 x haze x NL5 f2) x ?) x (SK1 x NL5).

I think I have simplified it slightly, and I know we all stand on the shoulders of giants but that is ridiculous, especially as if you consider Haze is a super sativa of four sativas; Colombian, Mexican, Thai, and South Indian, but remember my male was 13% indica, and Skunk no1 is 25% Afghani, 25% Mexican Acapulco Gold and 50% Colombian Gold.  And if Northern lights isn’t an afghaani with no smell (therefore a little bit of sativa) then I don’t know what is.

If you had a female with that kind of lineage, which you wished to make seeds with, and I am not crossing it with itself (which would seem silly), what male would you consider a good partner.  Available I have afghaani, Sk no1, Cindy male clones but am willing to think about anything else suggested.

Out of left field, a cyber friend just suggested getting out of the ‘Dutch rut’ (his words not mine) of sk1, haze, nl5 and using Aussie or african bush to up the sativa content, flowering times and yeild are not really primary concerns for me, stature and high are.

If anyone got this far, sorry for the rant, it’s not the kind of conversation you can bring up in a coffee shop, yet.

U

Guest THE PUFFER

Course it is.... :D ..well I'd let you rant in mine :D

Interesting and quite a nice position to be in really if you step back. I think the Skunk is out of the question if you want to up the sativa ratio...I think it would or could start to dominate proceedings....shes a strong lass is our skunk. Same again with the Afghan...it may well straay you further away from your sativa goal.

Have you considered adding the qualities of Durban ?

:stoned:

you could try mullumbimby madness for sativa content if you can be arsed growing it indoors, kali mist/western winds is a nice smoke, but the same goes...if you can be arsed! swazi should be a little easier to grow indoors as it is a little shorter flowering than the others. i'd agree to get away from the dutch thing...i find that often the more 'modern' dutch strains can taste very similar on the palette: often quite 'piney'. toke after toke of similar tasting bud can get boring.

those three would be mychoice if i had to make it, but as i said you have to be bothered with the first two

Cheers for the input, given me some more things to think about, decided to forego the joy of the Aussie bush (crossing the Aussie Bush (TP) via skunkman's skunk no1 already) and pick an African male.  Went to look at some IBL durban and swazi and found this:

http://www.africanseeds.com/l-fr2.htm#Tanzanian%20Magic

Gypsy stocks this companies seeds but not the new variety, tanzanian magic, a 3 foot tall, 6-8 week sativa anyone? lol  i feel sure it is a misprint but you never know.  Looks a nightmare to manicure but I would be willing to give them a go. :D

Any info on the company or strain gratefully received.

U