Peat Pellets To Coco

luvverlybudderly

Hi guys,

Compo grower normally, use peat pellets to prop. Got some cuts rotting in peat pellets, are these ok to put in coco? really interested in trying coco.

Cheers

Also, I've got some rooted cuts rotted out in 3" pots with multi purpose compost. Would switching these to compost make a diff? goign to end up in 2l then 5 l pots.

Cheers again :shock:

Hi guys,

Compo grower normally, use peat pellets to prop. Got some cuts rotting in peat pellets, are these ok to put in coco? really interested in trying coco.

Cheers

Also, I've got some rooted cuts rotted out in 3" pots with multi purpose compost. Would switching these to compost make a diff? goign to end up in 2l then 5 l pots.

Cheers again :angry:

#rooting in peat pellets not rotting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO :shock:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just an update for anyone searxhing same question as me - have not had any problems peat pellet to coco

I wonder if it would be better to go from coco pellets to coco?

Edited by Artificial Emotion

• 2 weeks later...

Coco pellets have a better strike rate than peat pellets.

When soaking Jiffy peat pellets it's important to soak for only 5 minutes and not extended periods of time. Also, make sure it doesn't dry out as this happens all too easily.

Edited by Artificial Emotion

• 2 weeks later...

I used peat pellets until I read somewhere that one could germinate seeds straight in Coco and cuttings straight to coco too.

I can't vouch for cuttings, but if you are growing coco from seed, I'd say skip the peat pellets. I've had close to one-hundred percent success germinating seeds in coco - just don't keep it too wet. Once popped, I found the roots go through coco like no-one's business, a fair bit quicker than the peat pellets I found.

I love coco...so easy when you get the feel for it and I've spilled shit-loads on my carpet, waited for it to dry and it hoovers straight out no problems :bag:

When germinating seeds or propagating cuttings in coco should you use propagation nutrients like Formulex or not?