Are These Plants Hungry?

Savage

I have got the same bloody probl;em !!!

In week 4.5 of veg under a 600w hps using currently 3.5ml/ltr and they are lime green.

Im a little anxious to up the grow (tnt) nutes ???

Thinking about throng in a bit of my canna hydro nutes to see if that greens them up what do you think ?

Give them 5ml ya tight sods..not worth being anxious about.

Lime green is a sign they need a tad more food.

Dark green & clawing ease of a little.

p&q

Edited by p&q

Guest minority

just my 2p

wots wrong with your plants been a little on the hungry side? "less is more" is that right or wrong?

i personly like my plants a little on the hungry side, but wot do i know... lol

good luck mate. glad you got sorted lol

Give them 5ml ya tight sods..not worth being anxious about.

Lime green is a sign they ned a tad more food.

Dark green & clawing ease of a little.

p&q

lol haha, cheers p&q, i have already decided that on the next watering they are getting 5ml TNT to see if that does the trick, im convinced they are hungry for whatever reason.

Are you still feeding your established plants 5ml/L TNT in veg p&q?

Yeah I sort of agree.

Expect they are then not growing to there full potential.

If there fed bang on and not wanting for anything then growth will be dramtically improved ?

Yeah Savage mate,as soon as my clones are rooted out the prop the come and onto 5ml tnt 5ml root complex & 20ml powerzyme (twice a week)

In flower I use veg nutes for the first week then as per the hesi schedule 5ml bloom per litre,on my third run now with coco & plants have never been so healthey looking.

Have a look thro that link in my last post about tnt in veg,hope it helps.

p&q

Guest minority
Yeah I sort of agree.

Expect they are then not growing to there full potential.

If there fed bang on and not wanting for anything then growth will be dramtically improved ?

i have read numerous times on this site from respected members that "less is more" and it is good to keep your plants on the hungry side (by a little)...

just wonderd wot truth is in this?

seems to work well for me but not others..... lol

Yeah Savage mate,as soon as my clones are rooted out the prop the come and onto 5ml tnt 5ml root complex & 20ml powerzyme (twice a week)

In flower I use veg nutes for the first week then as per the hesi schedule 5ml bloom per litre,on my third run now with coco & plants have never been so healthey looking.

Have a look thro that link in my last post about tnt in veg,hope it helps.

p&q

cheers P&q , yeah, i had a look at your link when you posted it, it does look exactly like how mine are, it helped convince me the TNT needed upping.

First run, the veg stage went great, once they got established i found that watering every day or two with 5ml/L TNT showed signs of slight over fert by flowering time, this time i will know when to hold back.

I will deffo crack it, honest.. :wink:

I have been leaving the plants untill the pots are light/dry before watering, infact im treating the coco like soil so far, which i was always under the impression it should not be..

Once rooted in water daily you'll notice the difference, it helps to let them dry out between waterings for the first week after repot but daily waterings after that, I noticed the difference big time.

Guest papaduc

Yep. You can tell by your latest pictures the difference your watering regime is having. The leaves should always stand up firm like that.

As for the TNT complex, it is a pretty weak feed from my experience. I have Warlock plants which are no more than a few weeks old, and already 4ml per L is not enough for them. It's one where you do need to give the full bottle dosage.

The hesi coco (bloom) can also be used in veg, and is quite a bit stronger. It registers on the EC pen too apparently

• 3 weeks later...

just a quick update and conclusion to this thread, i havnt had access to the net for a short while so sorry for being a bit late with posting.

The plants are now in flower and looking very happy.

My problem was an overwatering issue during transplanting and an underfeeding issue with the TNT nutrient as folk here suggested and i have since taken cuttings rooted in root riot cubes and transplanted to coco with no problems.

I have been letting the pots get light in terms of weight allowing the coco to dry out before watering again until they establish themselves during the potting on stages now with great results.

The plants i first posted about here took about 7 to 10 days extra veg time to pull back round and green up, this was speeded up noticeably by foliar spraying with 4ml/L maxicrop seaweed extract before lights out every day for 5 days before they finally went into flower.

p&q, i took your advice on going with the 5ml/L TNT and Root stimulant from the off and the plants seem to love it, i even had some freshly rooted cuts in root riot cubes that needed potting on into coco which i didn't have time for immediately so i just dipped them in a 5ml/L TNT and Root stimulant nutrient solution which they absolutely loved and remained a healthy shiney green colour and began the now familiar explosive veg growth straight away, i potted them up two days later with a full strength feed again of the TNT and they are flying along.

Im loving the coco now, i cant wait to see if i can nail the flowering stage this second time around, im sure i will as i seem to be getting the hang of the coco watering regime now.

thanks everyone, being new to coco and hitting a few beginners problems you have restored my faith in working with the coco medium. :) :)

• 1 month later...

Got to agree with papaduc and p&q - Hesi TNT isn't very concentrated and seedlings seem to be able to take 5ml / L pretty much from the start.

Hesi Coco (bloom) seems a lot stronger...