How Long Before Nutes In Coco?

RATM

Right, well looking for some advice. I'm convinced that I stunted my first grow for about 2-3 wks and I'm just about to start another in a perpetual crop so I don't wanna make the same mistakes again.

Anyway does this sound right or does it sound like slow growth?

Sprouted from seed- Dec 26

Entered Vegging Jan 26ish

Flower Started today, March 9th- ie I gave them exactly 6 weeks veg.

So the strain is White Widow and they are now 16 inches high on their first day of flowering- the tallest has about 10 internotes in total and they are all quite bushy (especially at the bottom) and in need of a prune soon.

So would people consider this to be slow growth- ie from sprouting to 16 inches took 10 weeks and 3 days?

I have a feeling that I gave them nutes too soon in coco- Im using Canna and at the time I gave them Rhizo at half strength one week after sprouting and every feed thereafter- was this overdoing it? Is it better to feed nutes every second feed at that point? And how long do coco growers typically leave it from seed before adding nutes to the ph'd water?

Im germinating the second grow at the moment so just wanna check with others when they first use nutes when growing from seed in coco. I'm not 100% sure if I made mistakes that slowed it down so would like others to comment so I can avoid them on my second time out :smoke:

Sounds about right mate.

Remember that it will also be strain dependant, some strains (like sativas) will hit the ceiling if your not careful. You also say that there bushy, well this also sounds good as the plants needs are being met (probably) and its not starving. You also say that its your first grow, make loads of mistakes as its a great way to learn. Stick with the same strain for a while and get to know what it likes and when it likes it and you'll really get to see it yield.

Good luck bro :yep:

I'm sure I read somewhere that seeds have enough food for 2 weeks, the first week I give them ph'd water and start a weak feed in the second week.

Any hydro needs feeding from day 1, coco included. You can get starter feeds such as formulex if you don't want to use grow nutes.

coco is inert and needs feedin from day 1

coco only has wat nutes u add

does not hold nutrient like soil

Bcuzz Coco is prenuted to EC0.8 I found a week after sprouting they wanted food.

Sounds a long time for veg if you're using a HPS for a fluro spot on time wise.

Right so I guess I'll begin by feeding them a third strength nute solution when the coco is getting dry.

Thanks for all the input guys and MajorGlory- thanks for the words of encouragement =)

Hi! I started my seeds on 1/4 strength grow nutes, then very slowly increased after they took hold and started growing. Fed daily with weak feed they did really well.

started my chronic seeds on a ec of 1 with a ph of 6 this was a mix of ionics coco and formulex

they were happy as larry till the spider mites put in a appearance

peppi :)