Stealth, Chest Of Drawers, Veg Box, 125w Cfl

cdt89

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing good :wassnnme: ok so this is my first serious attempt at growing.

Got A Budget Of £100.

Vegging initally in my stealth chest of drawers and then hoping to move my plants out into the open.

So far managed to knock up this fairly decent stealth chest of drawers for free, out of an old chest of drawers and sum wood I had lying about the place.

Need to get some foam strips to put around door frame to make it light tight, i had this old recentagular plant pot, so i gave it a good scrub and the lined the inside with mylar. I plan to get a 125w blue CFL and mount it inside this and then hang with chains from the top. Also plan to line grow room with mylar, fit my pc fan in bottom corner and blow air into the grow room, will have a passive exhaust at the top. Will fit a cheap thermometer in the growroom also.

Below is my list of things i still need to get, if anyone sees something vital ive missed out then please let me know!!

Budget £100

125w Blue CFL £25.00

E40 Lamp Holder, Lead & Plug £8

Ph Tester £7

Mylar Sheeting (1m x 1.4m) £3.50

12v 120mm 80cfm Pc Fan £7

Bio Buzz All Mix 20L £6.00

Garden Net (4m x 2m) £4

B&Q Value Wall Thermometer £4

Spent So Far

£64.50

Money Left Over

£35.50

Can someone tell me please, is £8 ok for an e40 lamp holder, lead and plug??

Or could I make something like this cheaper if I got parts from say Homebase or B&Q??

I have 2 Feminised Lowryder 2 x Ak47 auto flowering seeds, which i plan to germinate in april.

I am growing in Belfast and my latitude is 54, when would be the best time to put my seeds outside??

many thanks to any responses in advance, I have the basics now i think to grow marijuana and I have spent plenty of time researching so I am hopeful that I can make it happen.

post-33494-1268083509_thumb.jpg

post-33494-1268083690_thumb.jpg

hi there! it looks smart and stelth...if you groin in soil you coul ditch the ph test thing and also if you doing only 2 autos go for a cheaper compost like BQ you dont need the full 20 l...good luck with whatever you decide...

hi there! it looks smart and stelth...if you groin in soil you coul ditch the ph test thing and also if you doing only 2 autos go for a cheaper compost like BQ you dont need the full 20 l...good luck with whatever you decide...

Hi se7en thanks for the quick reply, yeh i was thinking I could get cheaper compost, would this stuff be ok??

B&Q Peat Free Multi Purpose Compost

Would I not still need the PH Tester for my water??

or should i just fill some bottles of water from my tap and leave them for a couple of days??

I plan to take a few clones from my two plants before putting them outdoors and then hopefully put a few more plants out this year.

should i just fill some bottles of water from my tap and leave them for a couple of days??

yup! thats the way...I plan to take a few clones from my two plants before putting them outdoors

I plan to take a few clones from my two plants before putting them outdoors

thats a no,no,as you grow autoflowers!

should i just fill some bottles of water from my tap and leave them for a couple of days??

yup! thats the way...I plan to take a few clones from my two plants before putting them outdoors

I plan to take a few clones from my two plants before putting them outdoors

thats a no,no,as you grow autoflowers!

:ouch:, thanks for that glad i will save £7 by not havin to buy a ph tester.

i cant clone an autoflower damn, ill have to look into getting proper seeds then. I have 3 or 4 safe sites for this summer so i want to make the most of them.

what seeds wud u advise i get?? im in belfast is lat is 54. thanks 4 the advice, uve saved me enough money so i can buy seeds aswel with my £100 budget for the whole setup.

125w Blue CFL £25.00

E40 Lamp Holder, Lead & Plug £8

Mylar Sheeting (1m x 1.4m) £3.50

12v 120mm 80cfm Pc Fan £7

Garden Net (4m x 2m) £4

B&Q Value Wall Thermometer £4

B&Q Growing Bag £1.50

Spent So Far

£53

Money Left Over

£47

Seeds are £45 and im kinda limited in that i can only go to one shop to get them, but i reckon they have a decent amount of varietys.

Also cud i make an E40 lamp holder any cheaper than £8??

Edited by cdt89

• 2 weeks later...

When wiring up an E40 socket, make sure the LIVE wire (BROWN) connects to the center part of the socket. They don't have an earth and you may have some suitable mains cable you can use. The socket you can get on fleabay, there's one on there for £4.95 free postage, but it's the type that needs to be screwed onto something.

So,

BLUE/NEUTRAL connects to the screw in part of the socket.

BROWN/LIVE to the middle.

Edited to add: I don't think this affects the running of the light as it runs on A/C current, but I think it's safer to have the LIVE deeper inside the light socket, less chance of electrocuting yourself.

And be very very careful screwing in the growlight, one of two I bought had a slight problem where by the sliver screw in part of the light wasn't connected very well to the body of the light, the 'crimping' they use is crap in my opinion. I solved this by wrapping insulation tape around it just enough to grip the edge of the screw part and the body of the lamp, you'll understand if you see one.

Screw them in by holding the base/bulky part of the light and try not to let it dangle on its own weight until it's firmly screwed in. Don't over do it, these things are fragile in my experience. Maybe it was a bad batch?

But, they have lasted me a year now without failing (touch wood!) :v:

Edited by Scouser

smart little grow m8, like the idea of the plant pot shade good thinkin never seen it b4 good on ya n the e40 fitting is cheaper than the 1s i have so may aswell stick with them best of luck m8 :v:

smart little grow m8, like the idea of the plant pot shade good thinkin never seen it b4 good on ya n the e40 fitting is cheaper than the 1s i have so may aswell stick with them best of luck m8 :)

thanks, yeh im stil gona get the £8 light holder its the cheapest i cud find. Wil b startn a grow diary soon(5th april) in the outdoor section. Check

• 4 weeks later...

hey man all is going well for me, germinated first 8 seeds there last thursday n 6 of the 8 have sprouted up over the last couple of days, just in a propagator outside at the minute. going out 2nyt 2 make my guerilla mini greenhouse on my patch and will upload photos either later 2nyt or 2moro morning. will start a grow diary then!

also gona buy 2 or 3 of these 2nyt

hxxp://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=20001&partNumber=559562&Trail=searchtext>POTS

as i have the rest of the lowryder seeds germinating and some of the orange bud. started some of my seeds indoors in a propagator just on a windowsill, some on a propagator outdoors. just experimenting really and all seems ok so far.

how things going 4 u mate? u doing any indoor or outdoor grows atm??

Ive no room left mate 4 lemon skunk in my wee grow room.1 Northern light + 1 revegged Blue cheese + 1 lemon skunk clone in the bathroom vegging and a northern lights male in the back bedroom ,I want to try a seedrun.BTW i threw some orangebud outside in my used compost heap last week and they have come up.Did you get down to that shop in smithfield