Mold

shadowdweller

hi guys

i've been lurking for the last 6 months or so while getting set up for my first grow and harvested 3 bubblegum's 2 weeks ago today - the buds have been in glass pickling jars for about a week now and all was going swimmingly until today - i had to go upto liverpool for a works meeting yesterday morning and didn't get back until about an hour ago have just opened the jars and found one jar of buds completly covered in mold and a 2nd jar half covered :magic: - fortunately i still have another 4 jars undamaged at the moment - however is there anything i can do to save the moldy buds or are my new ice-o-lator bags going to get some action? if there is no hope for the moldy ones how about the buds that were in the half moldy jar is there a chance for them yet or is it inevitable that they will mold as well?

sorry to jump in for the first time with so many q's just a bit upset at all the hard work so far going down the pan.

welcome to uk420

sounds like you put them in the jars to early sd,they need to be dried properly before storing in jars,

smoking the mouldy buds could damage your health,best thing to do is

put them though the bubblebags.... :magic:

i'd make sure your other weed is dried properly before putting it back in a jar aswell....

how long did you hang them for ??????

thanks for the reply sittingrelaxing - i'd hung them to dry for about a week until the outsides of the buds were crispy and i could crack them stems in the middle but since i've put them in the jars they've gone all soft and squidgy again

Hi Mate,

Take the unaffected buds out of the jars and place them in paper bags. After a couple of days they should start to crisp up again. Then wack em back in your jars once totally dry.

Keep an eye on them everyday, just open your jar and let the trapped gasses out. If you don't keep checking 'em and opening the jars, they'll sweat! Thats why they seemed to moisten up a little.

Hope this helps,

VRG

cheers vrg

got them in paper bags now would hate to lose the rest of the harvest, it's bad enough to have lost what i have already - still, looking on the bright side at least i'll get to use the ice-o-lators and hopefully toke on some fairly decent hash instead of this crappy soapbar i'm smoking at the mo

thanks again

sd