New DWC growroom setup

Je5t3R

Hi there, this is going to be my first grow, and i want to make sure everything is fine before i spend my precious notes on a decent light.

The space i have is about 2.5ft x 2.5ft x 7ft

Please tell me if i have made the wrong choice, but i was thinking of getting the 400W HPS from fastlight.co.uk, would this be too much?? The price difference between the 250W is only a couple of pounds so thought the 400W would be the most economical.

I kinda helped a mate with a soil grow, so know a reasonable amount about growing.

I'm going to opt for the Deep Water Culture bubbling bucket. It seems very simple to maintain, and the results look amazing. I have already set the bubbling bucket up, just the light i was having problems deciding over! Also, i'm guessing a lot of heat is going to be produced by the 400W, what kinda ventilation would i need for a area as big as mine?

I only have 1 bubbling bucket, so will only be growing one plant. I was thinking that doing a SCROG grow would be more productive if i'm only using 1 plant?

The seeds i'm going to get are from Seeds Direct, and will be the Snow White strain. These seeds are feminised, so (hopefully) will produce some nice ladies!

If anyone has any comments, i would be very greatful to hear them.

Thankyou for any replys

Je5t3R

that's a 6.25 sq ft footprint - so a 400 would be gilding the lily slightly - er... so to speak - 8000 lumens per square foot - when 3500 would work well. A 400 would penetrate the canopy better but does produce a lot of heat - 250 mini-wing might be better for that space.

Bubbling buckets are good - but require a fair bit of vegging to get the real benefits - whereas scrog requires less vegging - so harvests are quicker. I'd personally put more plants in that space - so vegging takes less time and you can replace with clones as they grow out (so using up the seeds won't be a cost-issue) - since you should get all females - you can take your clones from anywhere.

otherwise it sounds good to me - I don't use buckets - but I do have bubblers in tanks and they help the upflow of nutrients nicely. I think DOC has a few bubblers on the go too.

good growing!

:cool:

Cheers for the reply HP  lol

Since that last post i have decided to make another DWC bucket, and like you said have some more plants growing.

As a comparison, i think i'll do a soil grow too, see the difference between hydro and dirt!

Another reason for choosing the 400W is that i'll be moving in about 3.5 months, and the space for growing in my new house is bigger, and as i said, the price difference between the 250W and 400W is about 3 pounds!

Anyways, thanx again for any input, i'll keep you all updated!

Je5t3R  :cool: