Recommended Spyware/adware/anti-virus Software

mickle

Not sure if already mention but the bleepingcomputer.com is where i go to when infected by malware.

First run rkill to end known malware processes and then run the combo fix to remove them. Sorts out most malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/

Edited by awesomesauce
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone. Malwarebytes installed, McAffee fucked off, Lappie clean as a whistle now.

:yahoo:

• 2 months later...
Guest jacks lad

i have avg full suite and avg tune up, but my best prog is spotmau, puts everything in its place plus wipes your trail clean, has a free boot up and its impossible to be locked out of my computer by software or virus, only hardware probs can lock me out.

I use Eset security but its a 12 month contract. Really good but can hinder slightly when wanting to search or download anything.

MistY

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Malwarebytes installed, McAffee fucked off, Lappie clean as a whistle now.

:yahoo:

@@Arnold Layne 360totalsecurity.com (FREE) nice bit of kit to work side by side. will speed up your pc and bit more too.

get 360 Total Security AND NOT 360 Total Security Essential

Edited by jok3r
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bitdefender free is what I have been using for the last couple of years, its very lite and uses very little resources, no ads or upgrade nagging (though you do have to register), just does its thing quietly in the background, and I think it has the best detection rating out of all the AV's (or at least all the free ones). It's won all sorts of awards for being brilliant lol and I have to say it is.

I also do an occasional scan with Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D.

I use the full Kaspersky security suite downloaded from the Kaspersky site, I activate it as a 30 day fully functional trial, then I use a re-setter near the end of the 30 days to get my 30 days again, I been doing this for years now on different versions. I use to use Malwarebytes and reset that too, but I find Kaspersky detects everything Ive come across and has more functions so I don't bother with Malwarebytes now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 21/07/2015 at 11:28 PM, ditchthedealer said:

I use the full Kaspersky security suite downloaded from the Kaspersky site, I activate it as a 30 day fully functional trial, then I use a re-setter near the end of the 30 days to get my 30 days again, I been doing this for years now on different versions. I use to use Malwarebytes and reset that too, but I find Kaspersky detects everything Ive come across and has more functions so I don't bother with Malwarebytes now.

Absolutely. Found Kaspersky (Norton, Eset also rated highly although I'm less keen on Norton) to have one of the highest detection & removal rates although the heuristic facility can be a little overzealous sometimes. Ran Malwarebytes in conjunction with Kaspersky for one year as both ran happily along side each other without conflict issues. Certainly Malwarebytes is a good bit of software but was overshadowed by Kaspersky rendering it obsolete. Considered your approach, deleting the registry keys / reinstalling every 30 days but at less than £7 for a year licence (eB*y) it seemed more hassle than it was worth. Don't mind paying when feel like it's actual value for money. Whilst many free programs mentioned in this thread are worth considering, some whilst able to detect are not always effective at removal. Some as far as to suggest purchasing the 'full product' to enable removal. Often bundled with banners and other unwanted crap.

Belt and bracers periodically mirror my HDD and physically remove the drive. Should ever the primary drive fail then nothing lost. Unlucky enough to acquire ransomware/corrupt the drive, high grade reformat followed by restore from mirror, business as usual. Never ceases to amaze me how few people adopt the practice of regularly backing up files, photos, favourite.  Equally I prefer using a PC over phone so maybe this isn't an issue for most, google drive etc.

you are replying to a four year old post chap ..might be  while replying .

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

you are replying to a four year old post chap ..might be  while replying .

Just seen that...tired....time for bed :(

• Like 2