Introducing More Co2..

stormin

Hi all

I was thinking earlier about how to get some decent carbon dioxide into my loft grow room..

i was just wondering if anybody has used a fire extinguisher to give dry ice option??

basically fire a CO2 extinguisher into an old tea towel thats wrapped around the nozzle of the extinguisher giving us a decent bit of dry ice onto the towel , which vapurises into co2 gas for the plants..

was thinking just put the towel to the side of the grow and the vapours just getting around the room in their own way..

as im growing in the loft, was thinking in the summer this may be a good way to introduce co2 into the room aswell as the vapours cooling the room down a touch..

maybe just give it a go once or twice a day..

- getting a re-fillable extinguisher tho.. (dont know how long it would last used daily??)

has anyone tried this?..

im sure the amount of co2 in the room would be of major benefit to the plants aswell as the short term cooling properties of the ice in the summer..

.... thoughts ?

cheers

:ninja:

dry ice

Solid carbon dioxide (CO ), used as a refrigerant. At temperatures above 79C/110.2F, it sublimes (turns into vapour without passing through a liquid stage) to gaseous carbon dioxide

warning to any1 who hasnt played with it before.. dont touch the stuff without serious gloves on!! :innocent:

Edited by stormin

it might evaporate too quickly in the heat of the summer, especially in a stuffy loft. (hope youv got decent ventilation).

i know nothing about dry ice tho so im not sure.

sounds like a decent idea, you could be a guinea pig, let us know if it works.

good luck

rocky

Hi all

I was thinking earlier about how to get some decent carbon dioxide into my loft grow room..

i was just wondering if anybody has used a fire extinguisher to give dry ice option??

basically fire a CO2 extinguisher into an old tea towel thats wrapped around the nozzle of the extinguisher giving us a decent bit of dry ice onto the towel , which vapurises into co2 gas for the plants..

was thinking just put the towel to the side of the grow and the vapours just getting around the room in their own way..

as im growing in the loft, was thinking in the summer this may be a good way to introduce co2 into the room aswell as the vapours cooling the room down a touch..

maybe just give it a go once or twice a day..

- getting a re-fillable extinguisher tho.. (dont know how long it would last used daily??)

has anyone tried this?..

im sure the amount of co2 in the room would be of major benefit to the plants aswell as the short term cooling properties of the ice in the summer..

.... thoughts ?

seems like overkill to me m8, considering all the co2 the plants need is already in the growroom :ninja:

wouldnt it be easier to concentrate on gettin the co2 depleted air extracted and replaced with fresh air? if you look to replace the air in your box every 5 mins or so it would save a load of faffing about.

as far as i know you wont benifit from extra co2 unless your temps are soaring + you dont need it during the 12 hour dark period...

imo its not worth the hastle :innocent: