Sharing Pots

smokey bandito

Hey pplz!!!

just a quicky, can you put 2 plants in one pot?? Iv don it before, not on purpose, and it seemed to work alright.

i wasgonna use 24 x 6.5 litre pots, but found 50 x 10 litre pots for £38, so gonna do 16 x 10l and put two plants in each.

what you reccomend guys???

Guest Shairiley

depends how much bud your wanting from each plant as in theory plants like lots room for roots which gives more bud so 2 in one pot gives less root space=less bud id put jus one in each pot.

You can do 2 or more plants per pot. I've got a tub with 4 plants in it right now - coco seems very happy to accommodate multiple root systems without apparent competition. Obviously factors like veg time are important but it should be a problem at all....and if it is, just increase the frequency of feed.

GN

i tryed that about 2 years ago. would never do it again you get a bigger yeild say on 4 plant in 4 pot, then 8 plant in 4 pots.

trust me its not worth the 8-10 wk wait

Its bad practice to put more than one plant in a pot

What if at some stage one plant needs more or less food than the other, or gets some sort of problem

Owd

What if at some stage one plant needs more or less food than the other, or gets some sort of problem

True, but I've had no problems running mini beds/tubs with the same cut. If they're going to get PM or mites, or another nasty, then it's likely they're all going to get it anyway irrespective of pot. The other downside is limited ventilation from having multiple plants in the same pot but it can be dealt with by pruning. I find it really convenient using the tubs instead of pots, and I get the same yield and quality as if they were in individual pots.

Here's one that's just about to get flushed:

post-34516-1264283402_thumb.jpg

And whilst I had the tent open, here's a couple of DP Ultimates in 3.5l pots. Coco can totally handle the rootmass!

post-34516-1264283407_thumb.jpg

GN

cheers guys,

i dnt see y u cant put 2 plants into a 10l pot, if theyr gonna b in 5l pots each anyway.

cheers greenninja, u convinced me..... but hav found 40 x 5.5 l pots so thy will all get thr own home!!!

thnx ppl!!! grow diary starting next week, all welcme!!

Its bad practice to put more than one plant in a pot

Owd

Tell that to amazon owners ;-)

Not in pots in a amazon mate, suspended roots so easier to get out if a problem with that plant

Owd

I've got an amazon, they've got net pots sorry to be pedantic but they are pots ;-)

I found when I got root infection in my amazon which I picked up within a day or so of the roots browning it was already too late for any plant in the thing. The recirc res had already infected everything.

Yes it will but you can take the net pot with the roots out quite easily, they are only tiny, not 11ltr etc :spliff:

Bit more difficult to separate in an nft or a pot cos of all the entwined roots

And not all problems are passed to the plant via the res

Owd

Edited by Owderb