Curing In A Hot House

GreenGandalf

hi there

we have been trying to cure our last crop. but our house is so hot that they are crisp after a week of hanging. in jars they only develop a strange half weed half grass sent, if not no sent at all. when broken its fine, but not refined. Is there anyway to slow this drying period, or a different method i could use?

well i can only hazard a guess here m8, but if you cant get anywhere cooler, then i`d keep an eye on the hanging buds, once they feel a little damper than you`d smoke bang them loosely in to jars and try to slow cure them for a couple more weeks, i`d think the moisture thats left will be enough to bring back the smell/tatse.

then again you could aways try using paper bags to dry them, if the buds are covered with less air movement then they will dry slower :angry:

edited: typing sucks eating cereal :angry:

Edited by MDP

i have the same problem in my grow house, because its near industrial factiories (connected to em) the heat from there raises my drying area real high, so i just leave half a glass of water in there.... helps loads, and i dont get mold while doing this

ok so after about three days then. serioulsly, they crisp so quick here. I will try cutting them while damp. Usually brown bag them after a week as well. this crop we had to take down after only three days and pack away cos our landlady was coming round. wrapped in newsprint and plastic bags in the dark of a cupboard for three days was intresting, i think it may have fermented slightly. I will try the water as well.

ta