Nutrient Solution For Coco

Guest Healthystealthy

Guest Healthystealthy

Hi folks well ive just stepped over to coco & im wondering a few things regarding the nutes

1) if i were to make a res up, how long would it be ok for? like would it go stale & start to smell :spliff: (im wondering this cos the rhizotonics smelly but strangley i like it)

2) if i make up a res how often would i feed them say 1ltr each? roughly that is :wink: (the res will be for the flower room only) im in 6.5ltr pots

i did have more questions but il have to come back to this as ive completely forgotten :yinyang:

damn cheese lol

all help for a newbie much appreciated

Healthy :wink:

Edited by Healthystealthy

with a bubbler in your res easy a week ten days without pfft dunno 5 maybe 6 days if you give it a good slosh everytime you get a bit out :unsure: . its nice that you like the smell of the rhizo but personally i like the scent of a clean fanny not a dirty un :yahoo::ouch:

feed your plants til you get some running out the bottom could be one litre could be three, could be daily or every other day dependent on how well rooted and how big they are, how big your light is etc etc. try lifting them up everytime you water you'll soon get the hang of if theyre hungry or not and how much to give them by the weight of the pots

Mine are in 6.5 ltr pots, at the moment, dependent on plant they take between 1ltr and 1.7 litr of drink per day.

I feed half first, do some cleaning, then the rest, if nothing at al comes through, |I give a little more then clean some more, I keep doing this until there is a dribble out the bottom of the pots

1) if i were to make a res up, how long would it be ok for? like would it go stale & start to smell lol (im wondering this cos the rhizotonics smelly but strangley i like it)

2) if i make up a res how often would i feed them say 1ltr each? roughly that is :( (the res will be for the flower room only) im in 6.5ltr pots

1. A few days, more with a bubbler in it. I use a 20l bucket for my nutes and it gets used up either in one feed, or the next feed so it's never sitting around for more than 2 days. I don't put a bubbler in it fwiw.

2. You feed them how ever often you want to. I prefer to feed daily irrespective of how dry the coco is because I believe you get better results, especially in full flower. I also feed to at least 10% runoff so it's running out of the bottom of the pot into a bucket when I feed.

GN

Guest Healthystealthy

thanks for your replies guys :D

il be running an air curtain in the res to run for an hour each day just before their fed

ive also got an aquarium heater which il set to 21C (is this right) sure ive read that :D

im gonna hand water everything in veg so hopefully i can roughly gauge how much their needing per day once theyve rooted out the pots, il certainly have a better idea then anyways how much they take roughly

cheers guys

Healthy lol

I dont know...,

and i dont know healthy...:D

but im here listenin n learning and after tonights hydro grow healthy styleeee 101 i reckon ul be onto summat special bro.. :D

because to be honest in my op you grow some really fuckin nice muck weed,....so hydro surely can only clinicly improve things eh?.....yield,...veg time....plant health in general,...all better surely if grown properly in coco/hydro style.

good work HS... lol .

Guest Healthystealthy
I dont know...,

and i dont know healthy...:headpain:

but im here listenin n learning and after tonights hydro grow healthy styleeee 101 i reckon ul be onto summat special bro.. :clapping:

because to be honest in my op you grow some really fuckin nice muck weed,....so hydro surely can only clinicly improve things eh?.....yield,...veg time....plant health in general,...all better surely if grown properly in coco/hydro style.

good work HS... lol .

cheers bro, ul be changing soon an all i reckon :clapping:

safe man

I've been running res's for about 5 days to a week although they're starting to eat more so it's dropping to 3-4 days not had any ill effects of course temps are low now, keeping the res at 18c is easy.

I empty and quick swill the res every time it's empty, give it a good clean every couple of weeks, no signs of any issues root rot wise.

Ideal dissolved O2 content and 20C+ Pythium can become a major problem, this time of year though should be a piece of piss to keep the res cool.

Alright mate

Id say 7 days max. Thats with a bubbler, which is best kept on as much as possible.

Res temp 18-23, but if air temp is too cold it will evaporate rapidly and become far more concerntrated. Best to get one with a lid (put a cm hole in top if fully air tight).

Feed as much as they need it, but if you got everything optimum (Light, temp, hum, fresh air) get it automated twice a day with 10% run-off. Will blow your mind. And i dunno if this will get edited out for spamming or whatever but Canna nutrients and additives for coco are great when all are used. They got a nutrient timetable on their site.

good luck

Guest Healthystealthy
Alright mate

Id say 7 days max. Thats with a bubbler, which is best kept on as much as possible.

Res temp 18-23, but if air temp is too cold it will evaporate rapidly and become far more concerntrated. Best to get one with a lid (put a cm hole in top if fully air tight).

Feed as much as they need it, but if you got everything optimum (Light, temp, hum, fresh air) get it automated twice a day with 10% run-off. Will blow your mind. And i dunno if this will get edited out for spamming or whatever but Canna nutrients and additives for coco are great when all are used. They got a nutrient timetable on their site.

good luck

thanks folks for your comments :wink:

another question if i may lol

3) what if the coco is still wet after their previous feed? do i just still water?? :yes: or do i do it by the weight of the pots like soil :wub:

apologies for the newb questions, i just want to get it right :wink:

cheers

Healthy :ninja:

e2a - just found the answer i was looking for lol

Edited by Healthystealthy

no worries pal.

As long as got a decent bubbler they will be fine. Over watering is down to roots not getting enough oxygen so as long as pumping it in with a bubbler they love regulated feeding (but very important all other environmental factors are optimal or they wont love it!!)

Guest Healthystealthy
no worries pal.

As long as got a decent bubbler they will be fine. Over watering is down to roots not getting enough oxygen so as long as pumping it in with a bubbler they love regulated feeding (but very important all other environmental factors are optimal or they wont love it!!)

enviroments fine m8 :yinyang:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Healthystealthy

Hi guys in the end ive left my airstone on 24/7, fishtank heater keeps temps between 20.3 - 20.9 & i have a spare pump in there running to agitate it all constantly. They all get fed roughly 1.5ltr per day each automated, each pot is on an upturned square saucer & any runoff just gathers in my pond liner so they aint sitting in it, which i then empty every 4 days-ish (not much to empty tho)

so far so good guys, cheers :spliff:

HS :wink: