Starting In Coco

Glynn Bass

Hi,

First bag of coco has arrived and I need a few things answered.

1.Is it PH'd ??? will it be a neutral 7 ??? if so im going to need to bring this down to around 6 ??? is that right ? how would I go about doing that run alot of ph'd water through ??

After cracking the beans with the paper towel method do I put directly in to the coco like I would soil ???

1. Depends what Coco it's is I know Bcuzz is I couldn't tell you bout others. Bcuzz has it's printed on the bag and the EC level (It's prenuted).

2. Couldn't tell you, I started in soil in 1/4 litre pots and once rooted potted them into Coco that worked fine.

Edited by Owderb

Its Canna COCO.

is ok to put a split seed directly into coco and cover like soil ?

yeh dude, pop em in, gently does it thou.

water with baby mix, as its reffered to on 420, which is 4ml rhizotonic, a drop of superthrive and 4ml formulex per litre.

i water with ths til theyr a decent size, thn switch to canna a and b.

dunno if ths is right, but its worked fine for me!!

hope ths helps dude!!!

Canna coco doesn't need any special treatment - just make sure you balance your nutes to pH 5.8 (or whatever your pref is) and everything will be fine.

Also fine for planting seeds directly into - just make sure you soak the coco first with baby mix and then plant the seed, spraying the surface lightly afterwards (if you pour the mix on the seed will sink and get lost too deep).

GN