Using Hydro Nutes In Coco

Guest Tutu

I've got enough left for one more res of PM Coco grow nutes and need 2 more res's before I'm ready to switch to bloom nutes do you think I'd be ok to use PM Hydro grow nutes for 1 res, about 1 weeks worth of feed.

I know I should buy more but I don't get paid for another 2 weeks so it's not an option.

While I'm at could I use Coco nutes with pure perlite or 90/10 perlite Coco mix or would I be better off with Hydro nutes?

I've got enough left for one more res of PM Coco grow nutes and need 2 more res's before I'm ready to switch to bloom nutes do you think I'd be ok to use PM Hydro grow nutes for 1 res, about 1 weeks worth of feed.

I know I should buy more but I don't get paid for another 2 weeks so it's not an option.

While I'm at could I use Coco nutes with pure perlite or 90/10 perlite Coco mix or would I be better off with Hydro nutes?

i have used hydro nutes in coco for 2 years m8 it works well

I had a very different experience to mickdundee.

I accidentally fed my plants in coco with Canna Hydro when I first setup the dripper (my stoner brain just thought drippers = hydro). About a day or two later I noticed yellowing on the leaves. I realised my mistake, fed them with Canna CocoAB and they were fit and healthy 24-48 hrs later.

Stick with pure coco....perlite floats....can be a pain in the ass when you feed imo, with little extra benefit. Plus perlite dust is nasty.

If you absolutely have to use the hydro nutes, add some epsoms in to counter the additional Mg requirement. Or get some B'Cuzz Coco AB @ £7 a litre....you must be able to find 7 quid down the back of the sofa...

GN

I accidentally fed my plants in coco with Canna Hydro when I first setup the dripper (my stoner brain just thought drippers = hydro). About a day or two later I noticed yellowing on the leaves. I realised my mistake, fed them with Canna CocoAB and they were fit and healthy 24-48 hrs later.

Stick with pure coco....perlite floats....can be a pain in the ass when you feed imo, with little extra benefit. Plus perlite dust is nasty.

If you absolutely have to use the hydro nutes, add some epsoms in to counter the additional Mg requirement. Or get some B'Cuzz Coco AB @ £7 a litre....you must be able to find 7 quid down the back of the sofa...

GN

If that fag fairy didn't rob me everyday it wouldn't be a problem but if I can get it locally I'm sure I can get £7, just got fuck all in my bank account to order online and no one at home to collect it for me. Really don't want hydro gear being delivered work done that too many times people give me funny looks.

And you know what I'm (hypocritically) going to say about the fag fairy: ditch the baccy! (he says smoking a blue cheese and baccy splee). I'm about to quit myself...got the lozenges and everything...just got to get a move out the way and then it's a big FO to the fags...join the party? :mashed:

GN

GN

100% agree, tried it before asking the question, and had same issue, after asking GN explained, was straight down the shop for coco nutes - no going back! :mashed:

In the end it turns out I've got enough for at least 2 more res's and a full res just looked less. Should see me through to pay day and luckily this will nicely use up all the PM grow at the same time I move to bloom nutes so the next gen are getting fed Bcuzz nutes, why Bcuzz my local grow shop sells them and I use Bcuzz Coco so what the hell.

I've got 2 plants in perlite with very little coco and I have to say they're not as happy as the coco ones but@ve been feeding them Coco nutes, no def's to report just not happy.

I've got 2 plants in perlite with very little coco and I have to say they're not as happy as the coco ones but@ve been feeding them Coco nutes, no def's to report just not happy.

I think ironically that your plants in mostly perlite would benefit from the Canna Hydro nutes!!! It's only the coco that has specific Mg requirements I think.

You might find that you like the B'Cuzz nutes and boosters. I'm loving them atm and think I'll be with them for the foreseeable future.

GN

I think ironically that your plants in mostly perlite would benefit from the Canna Hydro nutes!!! It's only the coco that has specific Mg requirements I think.

You might find that you like the B'Cuzz nutes and boosters. I'm loving them atm and think I'll be with them for the foreseeable future.

GN

I've got some canna hydro nutes and PM hydro nutes but I make 50 litre res's at a time and use over a week with an airstone in it. Not sure I can be bothered to mix hydro nutes seperately for the 3 plants They're going to be kept small and flower out in 3 litre pots I'll probably try to correct any def's as I go along.

Going to do a big hempy pot single plant 1 600w next with a 2 inch perlite base and 30/70 perlite/coco mix. I'd like to use the hydro nutes up so I've been thinking 30% given that 30% of the medium is perlite I would feed them 30% hydro nutes, 70% Coco. First signs of def I'll up the Coco ratio a bit. I'll only mix same brands with same brands hopefully to keep some sort of balance.

Other choice do a perlite/vermiculite hempy side by side with a Coco one to compare but that means 2 res's.