my grow room atm

cal3b

Hello and I am slowly getting started.

Went down my local hydro shop and got myself a 8 plant rig with a 400w hps and carbon filter fan, problem is the damm rigg is 2 big for my cupboard (eyes bigger then cupboard) so its up 2 the loft for me.

At the moment I have 16 seeds growing in rockwool blocks in a propergator with a fluro light over it 24/7 no signs of life yet as its only been a few days but with ne luck i will see babys through the clay balls soon :)

Just upstairs to worry about now...

got a clothes hanger from B&Q that when lined with reflective material makes a sound canopy :)

any advice would be cool as i know u guys know more then I :stoned:

Regards ...

Hi Cal3b,

Loft grow rooms!!!!!!! Have to be careful what I say cos my dear wife is watching me type and has had to put up with electric power tools, sawdust, all sorts of materials being dragged through the house and the odd outburst that would shock a trooper.

My original plan was a small veging chamber and an 'open' area for flowering. Talk about taking on a life of its own!!

My veg chamber ended up with a bank of 9 flo's in and still room to instal another 6. The flowering area - I've lived in smaller rooms!!!

The only thing I've been warned to watch (The Puffer) is heat build up. Already I can tell this is a perfectly valid concern.

As for materials. I used soft wood for all frames (2"x1"), hardboard paneling (2ft x 4ft) for sides.

In addition to veging lights I bought a 600w HPS (Growell again). I have a 9" desk fan permanantly blowing my veging plants, and will have at least one more in the flowering room.

Building just needs some initiative and hard work. The 2 best bits of advice I've had is Puffer: keeping the venting right; and HP about light seepage into the flowering area - absolutley none allowed.

Happy building.

Steve The Weed

:oldtoker: