Jack And His 47 Beanstalks

Guest mygreenmojo

Guest mygreenmojo

Now i'm sure someone will tell me soon enough but i got these jack's i've been itching to pop. And as i didn't make the 1st list of finalists was thinking can i squeeze in a grow before April 15th deadline and have it considered for the 2nd list

If it's not possible then no worries, i'll stick the grow here anyways as it's where the sweet grows are at.

1st up is a major change from my usuall style. I've gone for NFT instead of Coco or Allmix. So i'm expecting a bumpy ride.

2nd i sold my xbox to part fund some equipment, So moving on swiftly before i start crying,,,,

3rd i am Dr Frankenstein and i want to create monsters.

4th my future project depends on this grow. mmmmm jack lemon 47

The time limit of april 15th is a tight deadline and to be honest i'm not sure i'll make it.

But i have more than enough motivation and a fire to at least try... :puke::rofl:

It's late now so tomorrow i'll get the show on the road properly with an introduction to the beans/medium and grow room.

peace

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• finbar

• S.K.

• Sugarwoods

• mr piff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now i'm sure someone will tell me soon enough but i got these jack's i've been itching to pop. And as i didn't make the 1st list of finalists was thinking can i squeeze in a grow before April 15th deadline and have it considered for the 2nd list

If it's not possible then no worries, i'll stick the grow here anyways as it's where the sweet grows are at.

1st up is a major change from my usuall style. I've gone for NFT instead of Coco or Allmix. So i'm expecting a bumpy ride.

2nd i sold my xbox to part fund some equipment, So moving on swiftly before i start crying,,,,

3rd i am Dr Frankenstein and i want to create monsters.

4th my future project depends on this grow. mmmmm jack lemon 47

The time limit of april 15th is a tight deadline and to be honest i'm not sure i'll make it.

But i have more than enough motivation and a fire to at least try... :puke::rofl:

It's late now so tomorrow i'll get the show on the road properly with an introduction to the beans/medium and grow room.

peace

good luck m8

:rofl: MR PIFF

But i have more than enough motivation and a fire to at least try... :yep::D

hey mgm, the power of nft is not to be underestimated bro... Not sure if you've grown nft before or not? but once they show roots and hit the tables they will literally explode with growth! Veg time will fly by quicker than you can say "i am Dr Frankenstein and i want to create monsters" :)

I reckon your still in with a damn good chance mate, I'm not sure what the stretch is like on the Jack47 but with most strains I only give them a few days veg on the tables just so as they find their feet then whack them into flowering and still end up with some pretty tall ladies.

Anyway's mate best of luck with this lot, cant wait to see how they turn out... I've got me chair pulled up, joint rolled and kettle on to watch the show :)

S.K.

Guest mygreenmojo

Cheers Mr piff.

Hey wasup S.K. Nope m8 never done nft before (another learning curve).

Reading your post has cheered me up no end though fella. By the sounds of it i might just squeeze it.

I got to say a personal congrats aswell man. Just been over and checked out those bud pic's. A great grow and some fine nugz.

The grow,,,,Right here go's then......

Out of the blocks sweet bean girls are strong. I've popped a couple of super lemon haze at the same time (i know a diff strain) but it's all i got to give a kind of comparison. I'll refer to them only a couple of times through the grow.

These first pics up are the girls 7 days from me popping the beans.

They have been given (24hr) bubbled water only @ just above 24 degrees (sparingly). The soil temp is a couple of degrees lower so the true temp is 22 degrees.

Home for the past week has been on a heated prop tray (24 degrees set heat).

post-37766-1261171316_thumb.jpgpost-37766-1261171336_thumb.jpg

Next, (2nd pic-middle)is the girls first pot. Sqaure 1ltr's. The mix i'm using is allmix + 1 spoon of bat guano per pot and bubbled water wet n dry cycle . These girls will throw me some fine cuttings hopefully in a few weeks and go into my xtreme prop.

post-37766-1261172227_thumb.jpgpost-37766-1261172244_thumb.jpg

Sorry people i'm going to have to post up my gear and grow room tomorrow. Due to my lad and his 1st set of teeth coming through. Dear santa, please can i have a single good night's sleep for christmas :B):

peace

Guest mygreenmojo

Many Thanks dorko :ouch: .

Update/ Better late than never, sorry. Have been proper busy lately.

Here we are at 2 weeks in. Just a little bubbled water and some love. Ambient temp under the stairs 19-23 degrees.

I'm building a little box tomorrow so i can put the girls in a nice neat place along with the extreme 12 site prop.

Here's the gals @ 2 weeks from seed. The Jack is allready showing dominance over the S.L.H.

post-37766-1261685641_thumb.jpg post-37766-1261685670_thumb.jpg

peace

Guest mygreenmojo

and the nutes i'll be feeding...

post-37766-1261685864_thumb.jpg post-37766-1261685874_thumb.jpg

Like i said earlier, I've never done NFT before so i haven't come accross these nutes.

As allways with new nutes i'll be starting them off on really low doses and work up until the plants look like they are at there limit and then back off a bit and keep the nutes at that strength.

peace

Guest mygreenmojo

Cheers Yam, I need all the luck i can get man :smug::execute:

I've just finished going blue peter on a couple of box's with some tape, Popping a 125w eco bulb on top.

Airflow will be (passive).

The extreme prop fits in nice n snug. With a bit of room left for the gal's who are gonna throw me some nice cuts.

I'll do a bit of temprature testing of the main room (For 48hrs). I want to get the ambient temp right. So any fluctuations and i'll be adjusting the radiator.

Aim for main room (Ambient 26c - 78.8f). The prop will have a 50w water heater in it, Set at ( 22d - 71.6f). A few tweaks will probably be needed to get a nice balance but that shouldn't take too long.

A couple of pics for ya, peace.

post-37766-1261844645_thumb.jpg post-37766-1261844680_thumb.jpg post-37766-1261844688_thumb.jpg

Edited by mygreenmojo

Guest mygreenmojo

And the girl's....

post-37766-1261842757_thumb.jpg.

Man! i need to get myself a subscription when i've got a little cash flow. Defo need more picture upload space :execute: .

Guest mygreenmojo

Tell you what i didn't realise how chilly it gets at night....

I Had my rad on half heat. Decided to put a fan in aswell on a low setting for gentle airflow.

post-37766-1261906256_thumb.jpg post-37766-1261906270_thumb.jpg

Here's the temprature readings from last night.

Ambient Main Room Temp ( lowest 20.4c/68.7f - highest 20.5c/68.9f ).

Clone Room Temp ( lowest 24.5c/76.1f - highest 25.5c/77.9f ).

I'm happy with these (NightTime) clone room temps so my rad will stay at half heat and i'll stick with'em for the moment

The heat in the clone room comes purely off the lamp. So once the cuttings are ready to go into the prop i'll only need the water heater on once , to bring it upto the clone room temperature.

I'll take some daytime temps and post them up later.

peace.

Guest mygreenmojo

The following are Daytime Temps..

Main room Max ( 25c - 77f ).

Clone room Max ( 27c - 80.6f ).

I'm happy with these so on with other stuff now.

While i'm waiting to get some cuts i best get up to the flower room and do a bit.

Started putting up 150mm loft insulation on the exterior grow walls because it's damn cold up there at the moment.

When i get a bit of cash i need to get a couple of scrog shelves and make a frame to hold'em.

The (NFT 424) took a little time to sort out. Attaching a tap/hose for drainage and a water hose from downstairs so i can refill the nute tank without carrying shed loads of bottled water up the ladder.

Still a bit to sort out on this room but it's getting there.

post-37766-1261939852_thumb.jpg post-37766-1261939861_thumb.jpg post-37766-1261939869_thumb.jpg

peace

Guest mygreenmojo

Only 2 1/2 wks in now. Still early days. Been up to give the gal's a drink

Usual bubbled but with a drop or two of Superthrive this feed.

post-37766-1262085589_thumb.jpg

Guest mygreenmojo

Been trying to get to grips with this new camera i've got. You want to see the manual that comes with it - Talk about twisting my melon man! :spliff:

Just waiting on a macro lens for the money shots. Should be here soon.

Until then....

post-37766-1262086024_thumb.jpg post-37766-1262086035_thumb.jpg