C02

fongjon

Yo yo yo,

i was reading one of the posts when some talked about the sugar water/toast and yeast method!!! what is the sugar water/toast and yeast method when refering to C02. I asume it is a method of co2 production? please tell me more -how it works and what you do?

thank fongjon

:puke:

You just need sugar, yeast, water and a wine making demijohn. A couble teaspoons of yeat and a few cups of sugar should do it. Use a stopper and a tube to direct the Co2 over your plants (Co2 is heavier than normal air). The yeast eat the sugar and fart out Co2, when the brew stops bubbling it's time to renew.

Remmber to consider your ventilation

Dry ice also gives off Co2, I have used both methods and prefer the ice if you can get a cheap or better free source.

Dry ice is sometimes used in shipping containers to keep things cold.

Handle dry ice with gloves!

Good luck

Citizen

• 1 month later...

I think i remember a big thread on it, ill try and find it. I think oldtimer1 said that the levels of co2 you got from the yeast method wasn't really worth it.