Heating/fans

LGV

Hi,

I am just trying out my setup for the first time with some bag seeds. I realise I need to make some mistakes so I make less when im growing a decent strain. I have built myself I nice little grow room, 2.5ftx2.5ft. I bought a nft250 system so have a 250w light.

I have germinated 4 seeds and im practising with these. I have built a stand for some energy saving fluro things. (that fit in a normal light socket) and they are hanging over the top of them.

The thing is im realsing that its a bit chilly in my loft and worried for my poor seedlings. They arent dying but worried they might be a bit slow in the cold. One thing that is missing from my set up is a fan.

NOW my question is....

:smug: Can I combine a heater and a fan? There are fan heaters for less than £10 at Argos that have a cool setting as well. So i could keep the seedlings warm during these winter months and then keep them cool and stable once the 250w light comes on.

Have people had any experience of these things and are they effective for both jobs?

No doubt one of you will have the answer so thanks very much in advance! :headpain:

Edited by londongrowvirgin

Ay up,

check this thread out

If you can get an oil filled rad that'll fit into your space, go for it! The thought of exposed elements in a grow room fills me with horror tbh :headpain:

That fan heater may have a cool setting, but it'll cost you a damn sight more to run than an oscillating fan :smug:

Ideally, you want temps of around 60 degF for you babies :smug:

londongrowvirgin! i thought exactly as you did (cheap as i can) but after some very helpful comments i realised that for the sake of another £25 i could get a much safer heater in the oil filled rad £35 from B&Q, tis not worth the sleepless nights of (shit i hope nothing catches fire).

P.S. it measures approx 2 ft tall and just over a foot wide. :smoke: