Fan Off Times

Themadhippy

in the proccess of bulding my "mark 1 enviromental controller" and was wondering what to do about the extraction and air circulating fans,is it advisable to keep them both running 24/7,turn them off when the lamp goes off or some other combanation.

ta muchley

Have them turn off about five mins after the lights go out, have them come on after the lights go on.

Your plants make co2 during their night period and they like it :(, id keep the fans off for up to half an hour after the lights go on, but if uve got loads of lights it might get a little to warm.

cheers matey,hi or low tempretures shouldnt be a problem,if the tempreture gets too high(or low) it will overide the time settings and trigger either the fans or heater.

I'm pretty sure the fans still need to run at night to change the air constantly. I may be wrong though so hopefully some one will confirm this.....

Or not... :unsure:

Hello,

for what reason would you ever turn your extraction fans off, ever, or have I missed a meeting? The build up of CO2 and no air circulation would cause the stomata to close, no transpiration, and little respiration.

Or maybe that is your intention.

Yours confused.

U

mmm sevral opinions all diffrent,i seem to recall something about turning the fans off,to give the plants time to rest or something :unsure: if its best to leave them on permanent it makes things simpler,one less timing circuit to worry about

I use two extract during the lights on cycle, one automatically speed adjustable with temp. I have mostly passive intake but use a small fan to assist passive intake at night. When night falls (lights off) I turn one extract off, the temps drop due to no lights and the other extract slows right down. This way I can control temps at night with no lights and I keep a slow but steady air exchange regime going. Hope this makes sense. I can keep the room running with only 10 deg. and RH changes throughout 24hrs.

Hi, i would be worred about the humid air condensing out somewere inside and the moisure settling on the buds and starting the rot.. my fan runs 24/7 on both the Veg room and the Flower room maybe a switch that changes from a high flow fan to a low flow one?? my grow is in a garage and the flow keeps the cabinets free of stale and damp air .. in my humble setup i leave fans running 24/7.

Frosty Steve :unsure:

But CO2 is needed for photosynthesis, many people I know spend a lot of money on CO2 canisters or use yeast (gettin nasty smells and not much result). Seems a bit of a shame to waste ur natural source of it.

Keep those fans on 24/7!

the fans still need to run at night to change the air constantly
The build up of CO2 and no air circulation would cause the stomata to close, no transpiration, and little respiration

Keep those fans on 24/7!

:headpain:

Hey Madhippy,

You want your controller to turn your heater on and your fans onto a lower speed setting when the temperature int the GR falls.

When the temperature rises you want your fans to kick in at full speed and your heater to go off. I wouldn't bother with any timers atall mate, just use thermostats and speed controllers to control the lot.

Not very technical, but its the basics,

VRG

cheers everybody,so looks like it going to be

tempreture too low-heater on

light offs - circulation and extracter at low speed

light on - circulation at medium extraction at low

over tempreture - both fans at full

just wish maplins would hurry up delivering the relays,i want to build it NOW!