fastlight.co.uk are they reliable?

tom_servo

hi all

just been browsing the fastlight.co.uk site and have seen some intresting items. i ws wondering if anyone knows if these people are reliable and not cowboys before i place my order.

thanks for all help

:thumbs: Hello tom hope your ok ? :)

Fastlight are 100% ok i ordered an ip20 from them and it was here 2 days later :) but you will have to convert the lamp when you get it ok - heres the link you will need - remote ballast hope this is waht you wanted.

If not pm me ok mate

take care  :peace:

i'll second that.  ordered 2 lights a 400W hps and a mh.  prompt delivery and discreet.  i'll be using them again

thanks for the advice i'll proberly place an order in with them when i next get paid as my current lighting should be ok for a while

Hi there, this is my first post, and grow for that matter.

I'm just gathering the equipment for a Deep Water Culture Hydroponic setup, and i have a 3x3x8 grow space. I thought that a 400W HPS would suffice, but i'm really limited with money, and was wondering where i can get a cheap, reliable lamp from. Is Fastlight.co.uk a good source?

Also, if i did get the 400w HPS from Fastlight.co.uk would it be necessary to do the ballast modification? Thanx in advance for any replies!

Je5t3R :)  :)

fastlight was the cheapest i found.  the ballast is very heavy and it feels much safer separated.  i was a bit intimidated by ding at first but once i'd got the knack of using a hacksaw and understood the wiring it was quite easy.

Thank you Big{-}{-}Buddha!

Think i'll go ahead and get the 400W HPS from fastlight.

What kind of setup do you have? Just curious!

Wish me luck!

Je5t3R  :)

in a nutshell: 4 KC33 ladies currently at day 9 of flower. 400W MH for veg, 400W HPS for flower.  Organic soil mix and Earth Juice organic ferts.  First grow and loving it and planning for expansion for the next one.

good luck - any advice needed re. hacking up the lights just gimme a shout.  in fact i think theres a new product at fastlight with the ballast already separate and interchangeable bulbs for MH and HPS - might be a better bet for you

I dont understand why you need to seperate the ballest from the light? I undertand they have designed them that way. Please explain in full your need to do this.

I have a 400w silver wing. How much is a 400w from fast light?

W.E

Seperate control gear has the advantage that the lamp is easier to hang and adjust height because it's lighter. And also the ballast gives out quite a bit of heat, so if it's outside your room the temperature will be lower in there.

MrB