Coco In 6.5ltr Pots

RePtOiD

Hi uk420,

Just a quick general question how ofter are you all finding yourself having to water coco in 6.5ltr pots? Please can you state whether your under HID lighting or cfl's.

Also what make of coco do you find works best for you and does it come inoculated with friendly fungi? I was considering canna coco pro for my first run. Thanx for the help

canna coco, whilst rooting out i may only water once every couple of days, when they've fully rooted the pot out and are in flower then 1 to 3 times a day. Under 600w hps. It will depend on how big your plants are and how hot your room is too. You can grow some hefty plants in 6.5l of coco, alot bigger than the same amount of compost.

thanx ben 1-3 times a day sounds abit to much for me i might have to stay with compost as i was looking to water every 2-3rd day but the plant will be in very big buckets thou tree type style hmmm might have to just try it and see whats what.

once every other day for vegging plants sounds good as i like to stagger new plants to replace the flowering ones and was afraid i might be watering them constantly while there in small pots under cfl's. Is the increase in yield over soil really that much more?

thanx again

Guest peace&quiet

Hello mate

Just about to finish my first coco grow in 6.5 litre pots.

Clones vegged for 25 days and flowered for 9 weeks.

In flower I gave them 1400ml of water/feed every 2 days under a 600hps and the coco never dried out.

Used canna coco profesional. Have a look at my diary.

p&q

in flower then 1 to 3 times a day

As far as im aware and as P&Q has shown you dont have to feed every day with coco. You just want to keep it moist. Instead of you feeding "x" ammout a day, you are feeding "x/3."

Doing the "x/3" i take it more oxygen is getting to the roots, hence faster growth.

eta: treat it like hydro it will grow like hydro- thats a quote from GN i think.

Edited by stickyblack

Hi peace&quiet thanx for the info im gonna check your diary now getting more sold on this every hour :)

thanx for breaking the info down for me stickyblack once ive finished with my compost ive bought for the next lot and the compost nutes ect im deffo gonna make the conversion i think cant wait now not had the growing spark for a while now. It was always the frequency of watering's that put me off coco i just didnt have the life style to support it with work and all. What about flushes when should that be done every 3rd feed ect??? thanx

I trust hesi is the way to go then as well ey.

Guest peace&quiet
Hi peace&quiet thanx for the info im gonna check your diary now getting more sold on this every hour :)

thanx for breaking the info down for me stickyblack once ive finished with my compost ive bought for the next lot and the compost nutes ect im deffo gonna make the conversion i think cant wait now not had the growing spark for a while now. It was always the frequency of watering's that put me off coco i just didnt have the life style to support it with work and all. What about flushes when should that be done every 3rd feed ect??? thanx

I trust hesi is the way to go then as well ey.

Theres a few ways folk do it mate..personally I went for no runoff on my first go,has worked so far.

Others will water till theres a runoff like 20% daily. Some water from the bottom.

Ive not flushed once using hesi nutes.

Next time Im using less plants and going have a run off..

Might even try daily wattering but will need more nutes.

All good fun.

Congrats on becoming a Coconut! :)

p&q

in flower then 1 to 3 times a day

As far as im aware and as P&Q has shown you dont have to feed every day with coco. You just want to keep it moist. Instead of you feeding "x" ammout a day, you are feeding "x/3."

Doing the "x/3" i take it more oxygen is getting to the roots, hence faster growth.

eta: treat it like hydro it will grow like hydro- thats a quote from GN i think.

It depends how big your plants are, if I was to not water mine for a whole day and come back the next day no matter how much i'd given it they would be absolutely bone dry, so i have drippers to water them 3 times a day. If your plants aren't all that big like p&qs then you can get away with alot less. I cannot wait a whole day to water mine, they dry out far too quickly.

Edited by ben

Guest peace&quiet

Alright Ben

Outta interest mate how much are your plants taking daily..roughly?

Also what vegging do you do and what yield you getting please.

Thanks fella.

p&q

I veg them pretty big before they go under the scrog net, multiple toppings, then by the time they go under the net they only require 1 to 2 weeks vegging before i flip to 12/12, I do 6 usually under 2 x 600w. I got 1.1kg last time, but could do better I think, overnuted slightly tbh. I have no idea how much they're using I just fill up a 100L res when its near empty, but if I had to guesstimate i'd say it was around 10l - 15l a day based on the fact that my old 60l res used to be ready to refill in 4 or 5 days.

Once the plant gets a bit too big for the pot its in then it will need watering loads, more than once a day.

Edited by ben

thanx for all the info sounds great i would use drippers but i dont want to cross into the hydro market as a person with more plants would get in less trouble than afew grown with a hydro setup so hand watering for me all the way pain but ill make the effort. Im planning on vegging in my large pots till i see roots at the bottom then a week after that flip to 12/12 so could be from anything to 2-4 weeks vegging in large pots alone depending on root growth im still going off soil growth so........carnt wait to try.

Edited by RePtOiD

6.5l, if I were to use 11l i'd probably just run 4 plants, maybe 2. You could grow a monster tree in 11l of coco.

Edited by ben

How long do you veg for, for them to be drinking 10Ls + a day :ranting: ? .. weeks like..

I see you have kinda explained how long you veg for to P&Q.. but guestimate on weeks? Gotta be 6-8+ weeks veg.