To The Artists Among You!

topaz

hi artists! i'm rubbish at art! would any of you be up for letting me use some of your images to go with mixes i intend to put online in the near future? i'm not talking about stuff to sell,... just nice backgrounds for the tracklisting on forums, that kinda thing...

if any of you are into that idea pls link me to the pics you don't mind me potentially using, and if i want any for a particular mix i'll let you know which ones and show you the final jobby...

anybody up for that? :yep:

if any of you are into that idea pls link me to the pics you don't mind me potentially using, and if i want any for a particular mix i'll let you know which ones and show you the final jobby...

I wouldn't call myself an artist....bullshit artist perhaps (boom boom)....but I'm a pretty handy photographer with a shitload of stock. If you want some photos I don't mind digging some out. They can't be anything on teh intarwebs tho for security reasons, so if you're going to edit the crap out of them into something unrecognisable I'll give you some rejects..(out of focus stuff, failed ideas that sort of thing). Some of it is actually pretty good for rejects if you know what I mean - they just weren't keepers for the competition I was entering at the time. Let me know.

GN

e2a: PM me...just in case I space this thread out...

Edited by GreenNinja

I wouldn't call myself an artist....bullshit artist perhaps (boom boom)....but I'm a pretty handy photographer with a shitload of stock. If you want some photos I don't mind digging some out. They can't be anything on teh intarwebs tho for security reasons, so if you're going to edit the crap out of them into something unrecognisable I'll give you some rejects..(out of focus stuff, failed ideas that sort of thing). Some of it is actually pretty good for rejects if you know what I mean - they just weren't keepers for the competition I was entering at the time. Let me know.

GN

e2a: PM me...just in case I space this thread out...

ta for the offer, i'm artistically as talented as a house brick, so the only thing i'd be doing is adding text over the picture, kinda thing...so thats probably not what you'd be ok with, but ta anyway ;)

I'm loving the wave shots Topaz. I've been trying to come up with a nice design of a wave for some stained glass projects and these photo's have rekindled my inspiration. I've got a design almost finished for a round window at home, similar to a lamp I posted in Powerbands marquetry thread ages ago.

They're quite beautiful those are. I've always liked waves and water but those photos are something else. Especially how the light comes through them at the top of the wave.... and is that sand being taken up in one of those last ones posted. They're amazing. I'm gonna go get a few wave backgrounds. :smoke:

hxxp://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/6561301/Surf-photographer-Clark-Little-captures-pictures-of-the-insides-of-waves.html?image=10

there's the rest of them, aren't they spectacular,.. i've been toying with the idea of contacting him asking if i can use them for backgrounds for mixes but i'm guessing he'd probably want cash :smoke:

hxxp://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthpicturegalleries/6561301/Surf-photographer-Clark-Little-captures-pictures-of-the-insides-of-waves.html?image=10

there's the rest of them, aren't they spectacular,.. i've been toying with the idea of contacting him asking if i can use them for backgrounds for mixes but i'm guessing he'd probably want cash :smoke:

You won't know if you don't ask. The worst they can say is no. So it's well worth writing and asking. Some people are just happy their images get used and are happy with their name being put on them. Photo by: .... that sort of thing. Ask and see. Nothing to lose is there. :unsure:

I love them.

there's the rest of them, aren't they spectacular,.. i've been toying with the idea of contacting him asking if i can use them for backgrounds for mixes but i'm guessing he'd probably want cash :D

You won't know if you don't ask. The worst they can say is no. So it's well worth writing and asking. Some people are just happy their images get used and are happy with their name being put on them. Photo by: .... that sort of thing. Ask and see. Nothing to lose is there. :D

I love them.

you're entirely right... so i went and found his website and shot off a mail to him to ask... doubt he'd say yes but 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' innit!! :D

Just take what you want from deviantart com

Ive been using stuff of there on promo material/products for years, (not music promo tho)

Tbh as long as the artist isnt in the same country as you its pretty hard for them to prosecute for copyright infringement :woot:

Just take what you want from deviantart com

Ive been using stuff of there on promo material/products for years, (not music promo tho)

Tbh as long as the artist isnt in the same country as you its pretty hard for them to prosecute for copyright infringement :wink:

i'd completely forgotten about deviant, thanks for reminding me... i couldn't just use stuff without permission, but i can at least find stuff i like and ask! ta! :rofl:

i got plenty of pics on myspace topaz.

if you find anything useful, help yourself.

cm

thanks huniebuns, got 10 from there and hopefully they'll be all over the net soon! hehe!! xx