How To Erradicate Spidermites

Lizard

Ok I just recently came up with this idea for erradicating spidermites and it seems to work a treat . I wouldn't risk doing this with plants that are already in flower but it seems to be fine with plants in veg , and it's so simple you wouldn't believe it .

If you have a shower at home simply lay the plants down horizontally in the bottom and give them a good old blast with the shower , turn it round so you get every side of the plant , ensure you get the top and the underside of all the leaves too . Make sure you use cold water or you'll probably kill the plant , it seems to be ok to have the power of the jet up quite high the plants didn't seem to get damaged in any way .

My plants were completely infested with mites and after giving them a good old shower I can't see a single one , this is an easy , safe , quick and most importantly chemical fee way of ridding yourself of troublesome mites and seems to work well for whitefly too. I showered my first plant over a week ago and kept it seperate from the others and there's still no sign of the mites returning .

Hello lizard,

I like your optimism, and I too favour bagging persistant, mite ridden, vegging plants up in their pots and nazi-ing them with a shower; then, homemade garlic/chilli/tobacco/soap juice sprayed on them, then shower them three days later. Continue 'til their resistance is futile, they are many but we are chimps with toys, :D

I think when you are in flower, the best way to deal with them is not have them. Go back to first point. And be really watchful, they are out there.

I hate Borg, though find thrips more persistant.

U

post-116-1075596261.jpg

• Like 1

never had any kinda of insect in ma grow room but dont predator mites kill em ? or green light also kills em i think green light doesnt harm plant but will kill insect im sure of it could be wrong read sommet about it in here might be worth it diggin for the post