Coco & Seedlings (my First Grow)

WeeMan-uk

Hi all, my first post on here.

Im new to the growing scene and have just started my first grow.

I have germinated 2 seeds (white widow & himalaya gold). The himalay gold has taken 5 days to germinate and the white widow is just about to crack, so hopefully it will be ready for planting tomorrow.

Anyways the first seed i have planted is now in my grow room with temp at 26 and humidiy is low at the moment at only 40. I have placed a bowl of water in in my grow room (which is only small) in the hope of raising the humidity, also i have bought a humidifier to raise which im going to rig up tomorrow and set for 70% humididy.

I would just like to ask the following questions in the hope you experienced growers will help me out:

1) Currently only watering with normal water. I saturated the coco media prior to planting the seed and i intend on doing the next watering when the coco media has dried out to say 50 or 60%. Is this ok?

2) Was planning on adding no nutes until the first proper leaves (no seedling leaves appear), is this ok? Just worried that the plants have not nutrition......?

3) Currently have the plant approx 20" under the flourescent tubes and intend moving the lights closer once the proper leaves appear, is this ok?

Also if you have any other advice you could give me with seedlings and using coco would be great.

I am going to be using the cana coco nutes and since this is my first grow im only going to feed based on the light feeding schedule guide on the cana calculator.

(1)once the top of the pot looks even a little dry feed em

(2)if you can get some formulex thatd do them good even this early :stoned:

(3)20" inch is to far away(i dunno which light youve got so cant say how close but if its an envirolite no more than 3inch away or theyll stretch t buggery)

Edited by trebor

(1)once the top of the pot looks even a little dry feed em

(2)if you can get some formulex thatd do them good even this early :)

(3)20" inch is to far away(i dunno which light youve got so cant say how close but if its an envirolite no more than 3inch away or theyll stretch t buggery)

thanks for the reply.

My grow room is 500 deep x 900 wide x 1600 tall.

The lights i am using for my seedings is a twin 55w flourescent tubes. I can hold my hand under 3 to 4" away without any burning feeling. So should i move them closer? My first seedling is just starting to pop its little head out of the grow media.

I will then be using a 400w HPS cooltube for my veg/flower later on.

Also is it best to maintain a humidity level of 70% at this stage?

Thanks

Edited by WeeMan-uk