Pc Tower Micro Grow

Skinny_Jimmy

hi jimmy. your grow looks really good! plants happy and healthy. i like your use of the net - i have to remember that idea for a future grow lol

i'm no expert on this but with my current grow i switched from blue to red when i "thought" the plant had filled 1/3rd of the server box. but then it really exploded in size!! here's a pic maybe it will help to show what i mean.........

post-45337-1259925753_thumb.jpg

it's at 4 weeks of 12/12 under the red.

how are your temps? i found that three fans inside was too much on the plant as she grew so am down to two inside for circulation.

am looking forward to seeing your next update!!!

Cheers for the comment little wing. e2a:: nice plant by the way :)

Im considering aiming for switching lights on say friday next week, will will give them a little bit of a chance to fill out more now there lowered and once ive got a few more quid floating about, i might buy one of those 300watt cfls..OR im sure santa will get me one for xmas if im good... :ouch:

This box on a whole is a work in progress and its becoming something i really enjoy doing, creating tiny grow spaces but i worry more and more about it the more i seal the thing up and worry about fans not coming on when the lights frazzling the plants. saying that this give me some insentive to maybe get a smoke alarm fitted in there. Just for safety. ;) and rewiring the fans with actual connector blocks rather then using electrical tape..

reason i say that is i woke this morning and the wiring obviously isnt good enough as the fans didnt come on at 8:30 this morning as they should have and i didnt even notice at first until i had made a coffee and then noticed no noise lol..

i tap the wire and it works.. weird! but that definately is gonna have to be sorted today.

one of them looks as if it has already taken to the mesh i added last nite and having a little stretch already.. It does suprise me how quickly this strain grows. its lush :)

anyway thats all for now as i have to go sort out electric key for my new flat other wise i wont be growing anything lol..

sj

Edited by Skinny_Jimmy

That's a wicked little microgrow Skinny_Jimmy.....whatya doing for smells?

Is this your first go with the Iced GrapeFruit? It's next on my list after the Bubblegummer, I'll keep an eye on your grow if I may... ;)

I'd be tempted not to change bulbs when you flower and just go with blue.....or at least keep the blue until the stretch is done......upto you though.

What size are the mesh holes? They look a little small. I'm no Scrog expert but I think peeps gernerally tend to go for a mesh with holes between 1 and 2 inches, makes it easier to manage, pushing growth back through etc.

Might be an idea to top em too to get some branching going. It won't take much to fill the screen either so don't veg for too long!

Good luck and enjoy!

e2a - I've posted in your other thread about whether to flower with just the Blue.....I think it's a good idea for good psychoactive weed.

Edited by BluePixie

thanks for looking in bluepixie, glad to see someone having a looky at my experiment as it were.. Smells im currently not doing anything for, I know this is probably bad idea for the time being but there really isnt much in the way of smells Yet. Ive been looking into mini homemade carbon filters, and i recon for this box im going to have to make some form of a filter and probably do the light proofing again as the black and white stuff im using is good but it doesnt half tear easily..

I did top about 5 days ago for stretch, they just aren't streching at all at the moment but im putting that down to stress putting the plant behind for a couple of days. i've lowered the plants as i had them propped up on some video cases before so i was hoping this would help fill out a little but like you said about the mesh, its definately too small, i thought i wouldnt have much problem with it but currently im struggling getting small flower leads through it.. I also took 3 nice healthy clones yesterday and probably passing these onto a friend for his next grow so we can compare the difference in strength, yield etc.. i know im gonna fail on the yield but if its banging weed then i havent got anything to moan about. Its one thing having tonnes of weed at the end of a grow but if theres not much strength to it then personally i dont see much point in growing it. i like my weed with a bit of a kick!

As for strains ive grown both the BG and the IxGF and both are awesome. I really want to have a go at growing all of female seeds strains because they really don'y bullshit, people have tried to give them a bad rap and i truly havent got a bad thing to say about them. every seed of theres i have planted has germinated and everyone of those was female with banging results, so this strain seems right for this grow!

Right tonight i got a little kinky in the grow box. Ive listened to what some of you had said and I decided to open the net a bit more and tie the girls down. Considering the size of what the plants are getting it was the only sensible option really without tearing the leaves to shreds with the sharps barbs on the wire etc, so i opened the whole box up again which took half hour on its own and chopped out bigger sqaures in the net and got no cuts on my fingers tho thank christ! I have the gammiest cut on my finger from this fookin thing! lol

i used wool as my ties which were tied to the holes i made on the side of the pot.. Managed to feed a couple of leads through the net and after i did the first one i could see a resembelence to some of your micro scrogs out there so i know im onto a winner here.. Bearing in mind this is the first scrog grow ive done i was very careful not to twist to much or split any leads from the plant, its still fairly soft so bending wasnt much a problem.

I tied the whole main stem over into a curve first which i got the idea from somebody here's MicroGrow, thanks buddy for that one! :rofl: The idea of this obviously to open the main stem freeing up all the side leads. Its quite a frightnening thing to do when your tying it all down, jsut worried about snapping bits :stoned:.. my main concern was how much i might have stressed it, it was pretty snug by the time it was all tied..

as for the Bubblegummer, :mashed: , well its not even reached the net, infact it doesnt even have any flower leads yet! so nothing to report there!

post-6474-1260237825_thumb.jpg post-6474-1260237909_thumb.jpg

Nice little grow you got there skinny_j I love seeing a home made grow build grow ;-)

Just a thought if you will....

Ill think you will get a better result If you just use the string mate. You seem to like what bondage you have done so far :ouch: Those holes, even tho you've cut some more, look too small to me. :rofl:

Ive used both methods and recon in a small space a scrog like yours might end up hard work!!

Good use of those cd's too mate. Im a big fan of covering your medium what ever you use.

Enjoy your grow man :!:

Bert...

Nice little grow you got there skinny_j I love seeing a home made grow build grow ;-)

Just a thought if you will....

Ill think you will get a better result If you just use the string mate. You seem to like what bondage you have done so far :stoned: Those holes, even tho you've cut some more, look too small to me. :wink:

Ive used both methods and recon in a small space a scrog like yours might end up hard work!!

Good use of those cd's too mate. Im a big fan of covering your medium what ever you use.

Enjoy your grow man :upside:

Bert...

Cheers Bert for your kind words mate.

I am sort of considering getting rid of the net as its just really not plant friendly and like you say it is soo flipping awkward to feed flower leads through in the space i got... The few flower leads ive pulled through the net have started to open up more and im thinking i should probably jsut tie them to the side of the pots like u mentioned as head room for them is gonna be minimal going by the amount of flowers starting to appear.. I may do it tonight or maybe tommorow but im in the middle of moving so its a bit of a pain whilst people are about helping me, evn the flower leads are starting to stretch a bit now as ive been dosing them with a bit of bloom too and even the bubblegummer has finally started to spread out a bit... all in all, things are looking good except for my fan keeps cutting out, but that is purely due to my rubbish wiring.. and to top it off i found my old bud trimming scissors which must of had about half gram of greenish resin stuck to it..happy dayzz :upside:

post-6474-1260462260_thumb.jpg

e2a:: I also dug out my old 125watt Red Envirolite which i may use on and off depending on what they start to turn out like with jsut the 250watt blue enviro..

Sj

Edited by Skinny_Jimmy

halonine - cheers for the kind words and welcome to the forum. If you able to maybe go for a bigger space to grow in have u considered using a grow tent? something like the DR60 which is fairly compact and big enough to get a few plants in the right conditions.

Thanks! I have though about using a grow tent but im on a strict budget. But i did make my self a temp solution. i would love to show you. But i have no idea how to condense my pic files. They are sized at around 1 meg. Any idea's? I really need to get a few posted so i can sex my plant.

ok i think i figured out the resize issue

here is the server tower that i was using. The power supply was in its stock location. It has been removed and transfered to a bigger room. Cool thing about the server tower. It was lockable!!

post-50296-1260667679_thumb.jpg

well i can only figure out how to do one pic. Because of max upload size

Edited by halonine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just a little update, ive switched over from the blue to red for a few weeks whilst in flower as the blue wasnt really doing much.. considering the light is 125watt im suprised of the denseness of the buds, there not massive but definately a nice 1/4 ounce coming on, sticky as you like and its really starting to pong out my bedroom where i keep it.

They shall be getting the chop in a day or 2 as things gettin a bit hot in my new flat, boiler people turning up to sort my heating out and the box is dirently under it, plus its roughly about time anyway and its gettin too big for the box.

you can kinda see what i mean from the picture... :(

post-6474-1265943121_thumb.jpg

and another sort of bud shot...

15th of decemeber they went into flower so today that would make it around week 9 this week coming tuesday. I do believe that will be the day of this little beauty's death! :(

post-6474-1265943207_thumb.jpg

some of the main things ive learned from this little grow experiment is basically as ive always pretty much know you can grow this plant anywhere. it is possible. Some of the largest nuggets ive grown have always come from using HPS so i knew this wasnt going to be a massive amount with the Cfl but at least i do have some smoke at the end of it which i gaurantee to be some sweet ass smoke!

The other things ive learned is that with the head room scrogging can be a real help with maximising the light spread. although chicken wire inside a pc tower is exacly not that helpful and i wouldnt do the scrog again unless i had a few feet of head room . im soon to be doing up a new grow with some new strains. This box will eventually become a clone box i think, or at least some sort of vegging starter for seedlings. its works and im chuffed with the result. jobs a good'n. sweet!

Edited by Skinny_Jimmy

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...