Leaf Miner

Guest simon05

Guest simon05

ive got leaf miner, its a little bug that hangs around my leaves munching away.it leaves little white marks on the tops of the leaves.there is not many of them ,but i whant to get rid .

any one got ideas.

Nothing other than a full on systemic will kill leaf miner.

Your description sounds wrong for leaf miner. They eat between the upper and lower skin of the leaf making long tunnels. You can see the larva in the tunnel the best control with out heavy chems is to squash them.

Thrips d'ya reckon OT ?

around my leaves munching away.it leaves little white marks on the tops of the leaves
Nothing other than a full on systemic will kill leaf miner.

Would that be a similar treatment to treat Thrips ?

You could kill nearly any infestation with the likes of provado. But do you really want to use a product that make a plant so toxic that for up to 3 months from treatment any bug that takes a bite dies???????

Could well be thrips.

But do you really want to use a product that make a plant so toxic that for up to 3 months from treatment any bug that takes a bite dies???????

Bloody hell! So "Provado" would fall into the systemic catagory of pesticides i take it ?

I often wonder what these commercial cash croppers use to treat fungal & pest problems!

You can buy provado in any garden center. Imidacloprid is now used with a lot of food and oil crops in europe, don't eat sunflower seeds unless they are organic.

I can really see now why organic is the only way forward!

And our government have the neck to bleat on about the dangers of cannabis :wassnnme:

Oh no its totally safe Bayer say so!

The fact that thousands of bee colonies died while working treated sunflower crops in france must be down to something else. The fact that it was only where they were working treated fields and there were no problems where the crops were not does not count, there must be another reason. As yet it has not been found.