Ready-Steady-Grow

hemlok

:guitar: Hi everyone, hope you are all well and at least trying to be good?! Right then if you would'nt mind i am about to give the full details on my grow room, and i would like you all to have a good read (sorry havent got a camera) and point me in the right direction if all looks 'a bit pete tong'

The unit is 40" across 60" high 24" deep it is being made of half inch plywood, i have a 250w hps (ip20) light from fast light currently sat on the floor in half waiting for the cable to wire the light mount up (thx for the link ICB very helpful) me and my dad seperated the ballast today, and he is coming round on friday to help me build the grow room, not yet built or looked at a contactor/timer set up yet? do i still need one with 1x250w? anyway any and all help is as usual appreciated.

take care and keep safe everyone  :thumbs:

That sounds fine - you'll lose 8" or so to pots and another 8" or so to the light - unless you can retract it into the roof of the space.

You will need a contactor - but if it was me - I'd look for a heavy duty timer that can handle the inductive load - as contactors are expensive and your light is borderline.

Also you will need a fan to move air around and strengthen the stems.

Plywood will be good - remember to paint it on the inside - flat white paint. Any lumen not reflected/scattered - is a lumen wasted.

Other than that - good work! Look forward to hearing your progress.

tata!

:rude:

:oldtoker: Hi Hemp thanks for the help mate, i fired up my lamp for the first time today after following the instrustions to convert it to a remote ballast and it works!   :thumbs: and nearly fu**ing blinded me in the process (wont be looking at it next time i turn it on!) i am off to get a fan tomorrow and the ply is being delivered tomorrow, so with luck i will up and running by sat/sun.

i have got a timer - input-230v 50hz output 13A 230V 3000W inductive load is 2A will this be ok?

Once again Hemp 'you the man' thx

i will arrange a taste session for you when its ready    :thumbs:

take care mate  :peace:

Guest THE PUFFER

Definitely get some good ventilation sorted....maybe an air cooled reflector..?..as that would gain you 6 of the 8 inches back there.

When I design a growbox, I normally do it NFT style but sit the tank outside just below the box. Fitted correctly, that could gain you the other 8 inches there.

:oldtoker:

:oldtoker: Eh up puffer  lol  hows it goin' all ok i hope? and of course Happy Easter to everyone, try not to eat to much choccie ok?!. My ply has just arrived so i will be painting the boards this afternoon. To be honest puffer i havent really decided what to grow in - nft hydro or soil (Innes potting with 20% perlite) i am trying to keep my first simple'ish. However i will keep you all posted on my antics this weekend  :thumbs:

Take care and keep safe everyone :peace:

:stoned: Hi all hope your all keeping well ?! i have had to alter my plans slighty due to starting my new job and what have you :) just feels a bit wierd after being off for so long! anyway the boards have had 3 coats of matt white and are all marked up ready for my very own 'bob the builder' aka my dad who is coming round tomorrow, on the seed front those seeds that i started in march which i think are oasis are doing really well on my window sill, one is 4" high and the other is 3 they are just waiting for me to finish up and then they are off for a holiday in the green tardis. Puffer i have decided to grow with 'hydroleca' and to start the seeds of in Innes seed mix with 20% perlite. if anyone has any ideas or whatever let me know please  :thumbs: also where could i get an air cooled reflector from? thx for help mate really appreciate it:)

right then off to do the hoovering! (gotta keep her sweet for the 'new dutch dripper' i am planning on putting up in the loft)

take care everyone and try and be good :peace:

:thumbs: mucho grassi arse mate  :thumbs:

you did mean the 17 quid shield didnt you ? sh*t me self when i saw the price of the air cooled light setup :stoned:

take care and try and be good  :thumbs:

Hi Hemlock

Good luck in your grow, it sounds like you are putting together a tidy set up.  :D

Is your dad a toker as well or does he think you are building a dark room for developing photographs in   :Plol

If you are interested in a cool shade type thing for your cupboard, i have posted some details of a set i put together. Its in the growroom builder section under temperature control, or cool shade, something like that. Did it for less that £20. PM me if you need any help or clarification

Best Wishes

Chip :oldtoker:

:oldtoker: Hiya chip, hows it going, all good and green hopefully lol

yeah my dad knows exactly what hes doing!! (i secretly suspect he has done this before) but he doesnt toke, not yet anyway, i dont him trying that shit soap for his first smoke just some really sweet home grown :P thanks for the tip mate :D i will be pm'ing you soon about this if thats ok

right gotta dash things to do and all that

take care mate  :peace:

:D Hello everyone, i have been very busy but its done.. my very first grow room is up and glowing like buggery :) i am sure that will go away when i fix the door on though ? :) and i feel i must thank ALL YOU GUYS for your help with our little project, it may not be quite as big as i had planned instead of being 40" across its now 24" so it looks like i will be growing three plant at a time not my original 6or8, probably for the best on my first attempt 2/3 being that much easier to look after, so i have got 2 oasis (i think) approx 6-8" away from a 250w hps light on an 18/24 setting, there is lots of vent room and the current temp is 80f and slowly dropping as i have just turned the fan on. so how does it all sound ?? sorry the humidity is 30% at the mo.

right then off to skin up all this gardening is good fun but my back is killing me. take care and keep safe everyone :thumbs: