Spider Mites In 12/12........

bav

Hi guys,anyone know where i can get smoke bombs for the little ba*tards.You could get them from Wilkos up till a couple of yrs ago then they took them off the shelf.Is there anything similar that can be used in 12/12???thanx!!Bav!!

Guest Dashboard Dice

I’ve bought good ones from Army Stores before. A main warehouse is your best bet but smaller ones may carry them. B&Q prob has them. The gardening shelves are just now being stocked again. Must be some about..

Guest Dashboard Dice
does this kill the mites dead then fella`s? its a new one to me.

cheers :realcool:

It can knock them back but is no good on eggs of course.

I’d through predators at them myself. I hate to see webs on plants!

ive got a slight infestation on my sat plant, only really see the blighters in the run through, the 2 indicas(orangebud and mazar) seem unaffected... is that normal or am i just not seeing the little sh1ts on my indica`s?

a smoke bomb may well kill the little buggers, but would probably render your weed unusable! - get some "Buzz off" -it works, its natural, and its SAFE! For a stopgap I found "Growing Success" Bug Spray in my local garden centre - its cheap, available, and claims to be organic, using "natural plant oils" - my initial trials of it seem to be working well! :puke:

They`ll be there m8, they loved my orange bud and mazars

gutted :puke:

guess ive gotta expect it using a unshielded pasv intake, i`ll have a good look tonight and decide it if`m gonna try to get rid or just let them be,

i`ve less than 4 weeks left, is it worth it if the plants look happy enough?

cheers for the tip farmweb i`ll try that if i decide to go ahead with the attack ;)

Keep on top of them mate, don't just let them be, those feckers can seriously affect your yield if allowed free rein, you won't get rid of them untill you can clear your room, they don't like higher humidity but that may be dodgy if your worried about your buds molding, the predators need more than 12 hours light to be effective, if i were you i'd get the buzzoff and just keep the numbers down with that till you can give the room a complete going over, or you could make your own brew, boil some water up, add a chopped onion, chopped chillies, garlic, baccy from twenty fags, boil it all up for an hour, cool, strain and spray it on the leaves.

If the plants seem happy enough, and you are well into 12/12, then just squish em and remove the webs from the plants as soon as you see them (webs trap moisture and help cause budrot).

Once you have finished your current crop, you are going to need to clean that entire room - including the floor. Smoke bombs used to be well handy for that alone - I just used to set the timer on the fans to kick in in a few hours, set a couple off and forget about it, but the damn EU put paid to that.

Make sure they are not on your mothers. Buzz Off is pretty good for that. Any idea where you got the Borg from mate?

oh now im freaked,but i aint see anythin on my leaves or buds yet(or ever i hope) :wassnnme:

i ever seen them in my runthrough, if they are borg then i dont have a clue where the buggers came from, maybe the houseplants?

anyhow ive had a right good scan and dont see anything on my leaves or buds(& it better stay that way)

gonna give my room a complete going over and make it pretty much airtight, will have to ditch the pasv & fit an active intake, which is alot of space taken up in smallish grow area... but its better than bugs in yer room

reef, that cocktail sounds rancid m8

dunno if i could put me plants through it, or myself :smoke:

cheers for the tip tho ;)

Have you taken in any cuttings from anyone? That`s where I got mine from.

Buzz Off is quite effective at keeping the numbers down, but won`t get rid.

The most effective, but most inconvenient way to get rid is once you have harvested leave lights on 12/12 for 2 weeks, all eggs will hatch, but with no plants they will die.

Dousing the GR with Jays fluid once finished is effective. (Not reccomended indoors) Predators in your next grow would be a good idea

Guest Dashboard Dice
Have you taken in any cuttings from anyone

I think eggs can be dormant for over three months before hatching.

When I worked in a grow shop(this is something I thought was odd but I am stoned a lot, so just a wacky observation ) after a cold snap more growers would ring in to order predators and other mite slaying tattle.