Space And Back Saving Coco

bigbudburge

Went to the growshop today for 1 of those 50 litre sacks of coco an was amazaed when the guy handed me 5 compressed bricks,that could easily fit in a tesco's bag. @ a pound a piece i thought this was amazing.

each brick makes 10-11 litres of coco-coir.

post-14677-1250269537_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Im interested in this let us know your findings and if the coco is full of salt impurity's ect that need washing out as i might use this over the canna pro. What brand of coco is it you forgot to mention

I've been told that compressed coco uses steam in order to press the bricks. This steam is supposed to be not so good as it apparently kills the trichaderma (sp?) bacteria in coco. This bacteria is supposed to be one reason why it is so good to use.

I've been told that compressed coco uses steam in order to press the bricks. This steam is supposed to be not so good as it apparently kills the trichaderma (sp?) bacteria in coco. This bacteria is supposed to be one reason why it is so good to use.

Nothing that Plant Magic Essence can't sort out. :wink: :unsure:

:yep:I've been using the bricks now for a couple of years - as you say - they're very portable.

They've worked OK for me.

The coco definitely needs washing/rinsing. After soaking the coco can add up to EC0.8 to the waste water/run-off so there's definitely some dissolved salts in there or something similar.

I can usually see bits of sand etc. in the run-off water too.

G'luck

Stan

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing that Plant Magic Essence can't sort out. :B)::guitar:

It's granules, rootgrow or canna actrivator you want essence is LSF predatory fungus and a few other things, pretty certain it's not the same stuff as the beneficial root fungus.

Plant Magic forums should clear that up.

Edited by Tutu

I've used the Sundisk coco blocks, it is more chunky then the coffee ground style stuff that you get from the bagged coco. I found that the plants thrived in the chunky coco , I've also mixed the 2 together but found that overall the compressed blocks gave better results.