Ventiltion Probs

earlygirl

hey all, so ive set up a room, measures 5'5''wide by 6'6'' long and 7' high, i got a 600hps, the walls are white backed mylar, it has no ceiling and a space round the bottom, however, i want to put a mother/clone room in as well and as yet have not bin using any other ventilation other than the occasional oscillating fan, obviously i need some active ventilation for the mother/clone room and was going to cover/lightproof the entire flower room too. i only want to run one exhast ideally, wot sort of fan is required and can it be bought wired to a 3 pinplug(really dont trust myself wit leccy!). how much would this cost and how much to run?? cheers n e advice is always devoured!!!

Hi early girl,

your grow room is slightly bigger area than mine L5.5 W5.5 H 6 is the area of mine.I vent mine with an inline fan 1000 cubic meters per hr capacity controled by a thermostat,my area is lit by 1 600 and 1 400 hp.I had to wire it myself but its a piece of piss you can if you want just wire a plug on the end and away you go but you may have difficulty controling the temp if it runs all the time.I went for a big fan so i didnt have to run it on constant to control the temp. you would find it easier if you vented the areas seprate cos they may need venting at diffrent times to keep the temps at optimum .If you are lighting your clones and mothers with florescents they produce less heat so will need less venting.

You will need a fan that can replace all the air in the room ever 3 to 5 mins and will need to vent it every 20 mins or so to replace the area with fresh co2 rich air irelivent of temp. They can cost from about £60 upwards depending on size.

Sorry but im not sure how much they cos to run.

Hope this helps a bit,

good luck, Murran.

electrical consumption of most fans is simply buggerall in comparison to a light - mine is about 35 watts, a third of a 100w domestic lightbulb! :stoned:

The way to work out the running cost is.

Fan Watts x Hours Running / 1000 = Electricity Units.

e.g. 1000 x 10 /1000 = 10KWH (units)

Then on your Power bill look for the cents or pence per unit and multiply that with the number of units.

e.g. 10kwh x £0.05 = £0.50

So the above means a 1000watt Fan running for 10 hours a day will use 10kwh and if they cost 5 pence each then its 50 pence a day.

Same for lighting, a 650watt lamp running for 24 hours at 5pence a Unit:

650 x 25 / 1000 = 15.6 x .05 = £0.78

HK

Many years as an electrician to get that stuff :woot: