Most Productive Method?

earlygirl

hey all, im wondering wot method is best? i cant keep a mum so need to clone each harvest whilst they r still in the veg stage, should i root and veg under floros/envirolites then flower under the hps or should i just root the clones under the floro/envirolite and veg and flower under the hps? obviously i want as quick a turnova as poss, so will have smallish plants. N e ideas? ta.

I'd use the enviro/fluoros for everything up to the end of vegging, then switch! The problem with not using a mother is the timing is probably all to cock - if you have some plants vegging, and you take cuttings at week 4, by the time your first crop has finished, some 9-11 weeks later, you have massive cuttings far too big to use. By far the best way is to have 2 chambers, one on 24 hrs for vegging, mothers and cuttings, and one for flowering only - that way you take your cuttings towards the end of veg - they stay in the vegging chamber - the plants are then flowered in the flowering chamber - as soon as sex shows, ditch all the male plants, and the male cuttings that you took - then take clones from the female cuttings when they're larger. It really is so easy if you have a mother - take the cuttings, root and veg them, and you have another lot ready to flower - do it right you'll be harvesting every 8-10 weeks! :yinyang: