Coffeeshop Rip-offs, Part 1: Bait & Switch!

bongme

I've only ever smoked commercial weed, before that it was years of soap-toking :puke:

Reading Bongme's thread just makes me all the more determined to smoke my own organic bud.

It's weird: I won't eat shit food or drink nasty beer/wine, but I've smoked 'erb for years and just been grateful for whatever is available at the time.

Roll on my first harvest :smoke:

crim

Amen to all that bongme. Went to the dam a couple of weeks back and first day we bought some commerical weed, horrible stuff, tasted bland as hell and then left me with a killer headache for about 6 hours after smoking it.

Was v. impressed with the Greenhouse though, nice tasting organic ud and hey got the microscope back to check it out beforehand aswell :wassnnme:

come to think of it i remember walking around the dam with a headache, probably due to the lack of flushing nutes, which is the norm in holland aparently . at the time i thought it was cos i was just smoking to much and eating crappy takeaway. but i dont think it was now cos i always smoke to much and eat crappy takeaway :yinyang:.

educational thread bongme cheer's :blub:

sg.

With regardsto the headache thing, flushing nutes sounds pretty likely...only thing is, i only got the headache after i'd smoked Greenhouse "organic" weed, and not when I smoked a bit of "commercial" weed..does it take a while to kick in? seems strange...

• 2 months later...

Im hoping to make my 1st trip to the dam b4 xmas and having just read those amazingly informative posts (thx bongme :smoke:) im a little disconcerted as to what kind of chemicals i may be putting in2 my bloodstream.

Do we know if the situation has improved any since the original posts? ;)

• 1 month later...

Great posts, bongme, my Amsterdam mates have been muttering for some time about the decreasing quality and increasing cost of coffeeshop weed, although never in such specific terms. Thanks for the heads up.

Also don't forget: the coffeeshop "lobby" is actually anti-legalisation. A major part of their arguement for retaining the current system is that it ensures a safer, higher quality product than that offered by street dealers :unsure:

My advice: make good friends locally and become a visitor, not a tourist B)

Edited by Mr. Sesmesesles

Also don't forget: the coffeeshop "lobby" is actually anti-legalisation.

Most of them are yes - they make more money the way it is. A very few are different and do campaign for a change in the law - sometimes over here.

Informative excellent post, seems like a very good arguament for quality control regulations similar to food regs, but how? apart from growing your own?

Forward it to the cannapress see who will print it, Weedworld, cc-newz, Redeye softsecrets essensi etc etc

;):unsure:

• 1 month later...

another illusion shattered! homegrow seems to be the only healthy way, despite the danger.

Edited by generalb

Guest stone win

Please. can we start a campaign for real bud, as this type of thing is disheartening...time to have standards,,,,personally I find with a small lube tube, or a stamp collectors magnifying glass, you can check tri-cones, etc, this is experiance, that whilst it's illegal, is hard to obtain,,,,wins lol:headbang:lol;)

• 2 weeks later...