How Do I Tell

yorobbo

i have 2 california sunrise females that have been into flowering for around 9-10 weeks now, i think the cold weather may have slowed em a bit, but they look healthy standing at about 4 foot, how will i be able to tell when they are ready for the chop as this is my first grow, any help would be appreciated, yorobbo

two ways - the little white hairs will be turning brown (ish) - when 75-80% have turned, its about time! - the other way is to peer at the trichomes -if they're starting to go milky, yank 'em out, if they're going brown, yank 'em double-quick! :spliff:

by the way, what r the trichomes m8's, might sound like a dumb question but i know f*ck all and i don't wanna spoil my crop, thanx

Guest Red Dragon

No probs fella, thats what we're here for;

Trichomes are the transluscent "globs" that appear on the leaves of a flowering plant.

These globs are loaded with lush THC, (the buzzy bit of the plant).

People also use these trichomes to tell when a plant is ready to harvest.

Clear trichomes, (as in the pic) would be a tad immature.

Cloudy trichomes show that the plant is on the turn, (nearing maturity)

Amber trichomes show that the plant is getting past its best for harvest.

Look for around 40-75% amber trichomes for a plant that is ready to cut.

There is some debate as to the effect of harvesting early, (clear trichs) or late, (amber trichs) and the effect this has on the "stone".

Some say a clear trichome gives more of an "up", cerebral high, and with a majority of amber trichs when the plant is harvested, some say that this causes the high to be more of a "couchlock" effect.

I hope this helps a little but feel free to post again if you need more.

Peace.

RD

post-115-1073219630_thumb.jpg

Edited by y_ddraig_goch

ok m8's absoloutly covered but they look between clear and milky, would you recommend the chop, if so how would i go about flushing out the feed i have been giving them, i have just squeezed a bud and it has stuck my fingers together,,:yinyang:, cheers, yorobbo

Guest Red Dragon

Hey fella;

ok m8's absoloutly covered but they look between clear and milky,

If this were my crop, (which it isn't so you need to decide for yourself), I would wait for a little over 50% amber trichomes. For me, this gives more of an "energetic" buzz, as opposed to a "lets sit and chill" stone!

But ultimately the choice is yours.

Check out the "Harvesting" forum for the best ways to cure your weed, maximising your enjoyment of the end product!

I wish you all the best with your harvest fella.

Peace.

RD

I'd vote for chop 'em now! - if you leave them till the trikes are going brown, you're losing thc, as the brown ones have decayed into cannabidiols which are very much a "downer". The main thing at this stage is keeping your mitts off them till they're fully dried and mature (think 3 weeks!) - if tested as it is harvested, the results will probably be horribly disappointing B) B) B)